Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #1

Speaker issue

Hi, I have the genesis 2.0 system. When using the outside speakers ("C") button the volume is a lot lower than channels A and B. What could be the problem? According to the wiring diagram there is 2 different sets of wires for the "C" speakers. Do you think changing speaker pairs may fix it? Any thoughts.
gserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #2

I think most of us have find the same to be true. It us not comfortable to be inside listening to music if it's also desired outside as the volume had to be turned up. I've thought about adding a reostat for the a&b channels, but so far been ok as is. Please let us know if you find an easy fix.

Sent by me
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #3

Genesis 2.0 system in a Rockwood 2306. Ya, my outside speakers are also softer than the inside. I had originally thought that they limited the outside speakers on purpose so you don't blast the neighbors by accident when turning them on but another post I read said he switched out the outside speakers with better ones and the volume got better. I guess adding rheostats on the inside ones could be a fix. A bit sloppy but it would fix the problem.

By the way, I found my speakers wired all funny and backwards to what made sense. I re-wired and it is better for watching TV while sitting on the sofa. Also found an error on the wiring diagram printed on the back of the unit.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #4

My outside speakers also have less volume. I haven't done anything with them so if you find a good solution, let us know.
rburns4147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #5

The radio itself has equal output to all channels by design. Given the others with the same problem...lets assume that it is not the fault of the radio that the sound level outdoors is not sufficient. I'd suggest that :
1. The speakers suck anyway and getting highly efficient (look for a high SPL number in the specs) new pair of some quality...will both improve the loudness AND the quality...but maybe not enough to make you happy.
2. Outside you are dealing with a large unenclosed space rather than an enclosed coach. This takes POWER to overcome. To keep it simple...I suggest the addition of a small car stereo 2 channel amp that will take high level speaker inputs.
Like this: PYLE PLMRA120 Waterproof Marine Amp (240-Watt, 2-Channel) - SHOP.COM

You could wire this up and then adjust the AMP volume outside to match a comfortable sound level from the radio inside...and the radio volume control would govern both...while still giving you the opportunity to listen to either separately.
If you're not comfortable with the install...any Best Buy or Auto Sound dealer should be able to do it easily.

You'll need decent speakers to accomodate the louder sound level anyway...so I'd try step #1 first and then go from there. Get CIRCULAR (not oval) speakers in the largest diameter you can fit...6.5" would be great.... but do what you have to to make it fit...we ain't talking hi fidelity here just higher volume and less distortion when you do that!
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:25 AM   #6

I really didn't want to do a mod on this. I thought maybe it was mis wired or something. Thanks for the info.
gserve is offline   Reply With Quote