Old 04-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #1

Speaker Ratings

Anyone know what the ratings (ohms) are on the speakers for the concertone? I have a (I believe) ZX600. It never really worked playing CDs so I installed a stand alone Blu Ray DVD player and connecter the speaker connections to the panel. last trip we watched DVDs and had sound through the concertone. This trip no sound. Been thinking about the possibility of adding a Amp/Receiver and connecting the speakers to it but would need to know if they are 4 or 8 ohm or something else. No idea why no sound from the DVD player through the speakers. Do get sound through the speakers if I play a CD in the concertone though. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankR View Post
Anyone know what the ratings (ohms) are on the speakers for the concertone? I have a (I believe) ZX600. It never really worked playing CDs so I installed a stand alone Blu Ray DVD player and connecter the speaker connections to the panel. last trip we watched DVDs and had sound through the concertone. This trip no sound. Been thinking about the possibility of adding a Amp/Receiver and connecting the speakers to it but would need to know if they are 4 or 8 ohm or something else. No idea why no sound from the DVD player through the speakers. Do get sound through the speakers if I play a CD in the concertone though. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.
I believe you are hooking up the dvd player to the concertone inputs incorrectly and/or not setting the function selector to the proper port (like AV1 or 2). Some photos of the connections and a photo of the function display would help.

Upon re-reading this, do you have audio when playing CDs form the concertone or not?

"It never really worked playing CDs so I installed a stand alone Blu Ray DVD player"
"Do get sound through the speakers if I play a CD in the concertone though"

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #3

Sorry, that should have read "never really worked playing DVDs". Always could play cds. Set it up last year when I added the Blu Ray DVD player to play on INPUT 1. Worked fine. This is first trip out this year and now won't play on INPUT 1. Even tried input 2. Nothing All settings on the DVD player are unchanged. No connections were disconnected and reconnected. Can play CDs on Concertone and get music through speakers. CDs or DVDs played in the Bly Ray DVD player require the TV speakers. As for connections. Connected r&L audio outputs from DVD player to R&L inputs on the panel for the Concertone. Blu Ray DVD player connected to TV via HDMI cable.

Just tried everything again. And MAGIC. it works. Dang Gremlins.No idea what changed and right now not going to try to figure it out.

Thanks for the reply.