Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13
Squeaking Microwave Please Help

My new (2012) 390bh berkshire has a horrible squeaking noise originating at the microwave while driving. Tech tightened it but no improvement....Please helpppppppppppppppppppppp......................... ............
__________________

__________________
jimwillis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwillis00 View Post
My new (2012) 390bh berkshire has a horrible squeaking noise originating at the microwave while driving. Tech tightened it but no improvement....Please helpppppppppppppppppppppp......................... ............
OMG so sorry, but I gotta...

1) Let the mouse out.
2) Give it some grease.
3) Stop driving while squeaking.


Well, I got that out of my system!

Now for the problem.

Does it only do it while you are moving?
Does it stop when you do?
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13
yes only when moving, and is noticeably louder on a big bump.....it makes the drive unpleasant....
__________________
jimwillis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
MotocrossCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 653
We have had several of these issues in our Sunseeker. You just have to do some creative engineering to find out what stops them. Our microwave had a half inch gap in back so I removed the micro and made 2 shims to support it in the back corners. My wife usually tries to temporarily fix them while we are going down the road so at least we know if we got it stopped or not. Right now we have a mystery whistle that gives me a headache, just can't find it!
__________________
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotocrossCamper View Post
We have had several of these issues in our Sunseeker. You just have to do some creative engineering to find out what stops them. Our microwave had a half inch gap in back so I removed the micro and made 2 shims to support it in the back corners. My wife usually tries to temporarily fix them while we are going down the road so at least we know if we got it stopped or not. Right now we have a mystery whistle that gives me a headache, just can't find it!
It does sound like a poorly mounted or loose microwave. Removing and re-seating it my reveal the lose screws
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,006
It is a good thing that the laws dont allow people to ride in pull type trailers & 5Whs. The noise would wake the Dead! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
It does sound like a poorly mounted or loose microwave. Removing and re-seating it my reveal the lose screws
Agree with Herk, remove it and put a level on the cabinet edge where the front sits and then measure the distance to the bottom of the actual cabinet. I would put a spacer board in there that raises the mw bottom about 1/16" to 1/8" higher than the cabinet edge so the mw does not hang on the front mounting flange.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.