Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #1

Squeaking Microwave Please Help

My new (2012) 390bh berkshire has a horrible squeaking noise originating at the microwave while driving. Tech tightened it but no improvement....Please helpppppppppppppppppppppp......................... ............
jimwillis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwillis00 View Post
My new (2012) 390bh berkshire has a horrible squeaking noise originating at the microwave while driving. Tech tightened it but no improvement....Please helpppppppppppppppppppppp......................... ............
OMG so sorry, but I gotta...

1) Let the mouse out.
2) Give it some grease.
3) Stop driving while squeaking.

Well, I got that out of my system!

Now for the problem.

Does it only do it while you are moving?
Does it stop when you do?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #3

yes only when moving, and is noticeably louder on a big bump.....it makes the drive unpleasant....
jimwillis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #4

We have had several of these issues in our Sunseeker. You just have to do some creative engineering to find out what stops them. Our microwave had a half inch gap in back so I removed the micro and made 2 shims to support it in the back corners. My wife usually tries to temporarily fix them while we are going down the road so at least we know if we got it stopped or not. Right now we have a mystery whistle that gives me a headache, just can't find it!
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotocrossCamper View Post
We have had several of these issues in our Sunseeker. You just have to do some creative engineering to find out what stops them. Our microwave had a half inch gap in back so I removed the micro and made 2 shims to support it in the back corners. My wife usually tries to temporarily fix them while we are going down the road so at least we know if we got it stopped or not. Right now we have a mystery whistle that gives me a headache, just can't find it!
It does sound like a poorly mounted or loose microwave. Removing and re-seating it my reveal the lose screws
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #6

It is a good thing that the laws dont allow people to ride in pull type trailers & 5Whs. The noise would wake the Dead! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
It does sound like a poorly mounted or loose microwave. Removing and re-seating it my reveal the lose screws
Agree with Herk, remove it and put a level on the cabinet edge where the front sits and then measure the distance to the bottom of the actual cabinet. I would put a spacer board in there that raises the mw bottom about 1/16" to 1/8" higher than the cabinet edge so the mw does not hang on the front mounting flange.