Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #1

Stereo,dvd surround sound

It appears the dvd portion of our entertainment system has died. Was looking for input on what system and where to get it was good for a reasonable price.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:56 AM   #2
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
What unit do you currently have so we know what capabilities and hole size you have in your RV. If you don't know, points a picture.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:58 PM   #3

Hole size doesn't matter can make a piece to fill old hole or cut away and make it look good. As to kind I'm not really sure has DVD,cd am fm, surround sound as features. Am looking for descent but doesn't have to be real fancy.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:25 PM   #4

My Concertone ZX75 started acting erratically, so I replaced it with the Genesis GT-2.0. It plugs up to the existing harness. http://www.concertone.com/product_gallery.html I mention my situation because the ZX75 seems to have been original in lots of units. It works and sounds a little better than the original.
The only other comparable unit I found was a Jensen with an optional harness. Search results for: 'awm975'
Old 08-11-2015, 07:42 AM   #5
Owner - RVtronics

The iRV33 is also plug and play for the ZX75.
iRV33 RV Entertainment Source Unit (Controllable via App) with Digital 2.1 Surround Sound | RVTronics

As a reminder, the iRV products are now the systems installed in new RV's and the only ones designed to be plug & play replacement for the previously used Concertone & Genesis products.

For complete info:
Concertone Genesis technologies replacement | RVTronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerreknit View Post
My Concertone ZX75 started acting erratically, so I replaced it with the Genesis GT-2.0. It plugs up to the existing harness. Concertone® Product Gallery I mention my situation because the ZX75 seems to have been original in lots of units. It works and sounds a little better than the original.
The only other comparable unit I found was a Jensen with an optional harness. Search results for: 'awm975'
(781) 281-9440
Old 08-11-2015, 07:47 AM   #6
Owner - RVtronics

I ask because most people have tried to keep the replacement work to a minimum. If you don't care about the wood work, you have a whole range of products to chose from including iRV (www.rvtronics.com), Jensen (www.jensenrvdirect.com). Now the decision will come down to features and price.

You did mention your unit has Surround Sound. If it truly has 5.1 Surround Sound your Unit was most likely a Concertone or Genesis since those were the only 12V brands that had true surround sound. Others had four speakers in the living room area as a virtual surround sound.

What model and year is your RV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
Hole size doesn't matter can make a piece to fill old hole or cut away and make it look good. As to kind I'm not really sure has DVD,cd am fm, surround sound as features. Am looking for descent but doesn't have to be real fancy.
(781) 281-9440
Old 08-12-2015, 04:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
I ask because most people have tried to keep the replacement work to a minimum. If you don't care about the wood work, you have a whole range of products to chose from including iRV (www.rvtronics.com), Jensen (www.jensenrvdirect.com). Now the decision will come down to features and price.

You did mention your unit has Surround Sound. If it truly has 5.1 Surround Sound your Unit was most likely a Concertone or Genesis since those were the only 12V brands that had true surround sound. Others had four speakers in the living room area as a virtual surround sound.

What model and year is your RV?
Thanks for giving me some help on this

Tags
dvd