Old 05-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #1

Unhappy Stuck DVD Disc

I have a DVD stuck in my Concerton ZX700 DVD player. Any suggestions on how to get it out ?

Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

I would try these:

1) Remove all power (including the fuse holder behind the unit) and wait 1 minute before restoring power. This may reboot the unit and allow normal operation.

2) Remove the screws holding the unit into the wall. Sometimes the radio can be twisted that causes the tray not to move.

Other than that contact Bob Fields by PM and see if he has any idea where to go from there.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrt2607 View Post
I have a DVD stuck in my Concerton ZX700 DVD player. Any suggestions on how to get it out ?
I have the same problem. Also pressing my volume up and down buttons perform the mute function. The cd plays wide open when selected. and you cant adjust the volume. The remote doesn't work either. I missed this stuff on the walk thru inspection because the fella had it playing and I assumed everything else worked on it.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
The eject button on the face of my Concertone ZX690 doesn't eject the DVD....but if I press eject on the remote, it does.

Might can try that and see if you're lucky?

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #5

Thanks guys for the information. Just to let you know herk7769, Concertone had given me the same information, but it didn't work.
It wouldn't eject with the button on the unit or the remote.
I did a search and found where someone had inserted a Post Card on a car unit and the DVD ejected. I tried it with two business cards together and the DVD ejected. Guess I will just have to use the Card Trick.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcorn View Post

I have the same problem. Also pressing my volume up and down buttons perform the mute function. The cd plays wide open when selected. and you cant adjust the volume. The remote doesn't work either. I missed this stuff on the walk thru inspection because the fella had it playing and I assumed everything else worked on it.
My extended warranty covered the radio. I just replaced it with a GT3. I hope it lasts longer.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #7

Thanks jmcorn. I resolved the problem by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it a couple of days later. I slipped a business card in the DVD slot and the disc came out. Everything functioned properly once the disc was removed.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Thanks jmcorn. I resolved the problem by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it a couple of days later. I slipped a business card in the DVD slot and the disc came out. Everything functioned properly once the disc was removed.
I did the same thing on my old unit, But it did not correct the volume problem. However the kids were able to watch DVDs which was nice considering it rained the whole week we were camping.