Old 12-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #1

Suburban Furnace sf30f Problem Help please.

I have a '06 Wildcat and hope this isn't to long. The furnace was not igniting unless you held hand over inlet valve then it would run fine. The thermostat would turn off the furnace.
I took the furnace out and to the shop.They did a bench test, replaced the ignitor and cleaned the unit, all was fine.
I reinstalled the furnace (I have done this fine before) now it will ignite and run and run and run. The burner lights right up, I can here the thermostat clicking for it to go off but the furnace doesn't stop. The burner will go on and off so it is not overheating, I have to take out fuse to turn it off.
I did call the rv shop they said it may be the wiring from the thermostat but it was fine the day before. AC side works fine. Oh its 22 degrees right now.

Old 12-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #2

Maybe your thermostat has packed it in. Disconnect the thermostat wires while it is running, wait a few mins and see if it shuts down.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 230 AH Battery Bank - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting - Boon Docking 99% of the time.
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre - Tow Package
boondocking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:45 PM   #3

It shuts off immediately.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:30 PM   #4

When you re-installed the furnace, was there a plug(s) to reconnect it or just a variety of single wires to connect? If single wires you may have possibly connected it wrong.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 230 AH Battery Bank - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting - Boon Docking 99% of the time.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #5

I have the 2 going to electric Red and Yellow which connect to white and white with green line 14 gauge. Then 2 blue that go to the thermostat 1 has a white tape strip with t which I connected to small red thermostat with t on it and then the other blue to white. That is all the wiring.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinmo View Post
I have a '06 Wildcat and hope this isn't to long. The furnace was not igniting unless you held hand over inlet valve then it would run fine. The thermostat would turn off the furnace.
I took the furnace out and to the shop.They did a bench test, replaced the ignitor and cleaned the unit, all was fine.
I reinstalled the furnace (I have done this fine before) now it will ignite and run and run and run. The burner lights right up, I can here the thermostat clicking for it to go off but the furnace doesn't stop. The burner will go on and off so it is not overheating, I have to take out fuse to turn it off.
I did call the rv shop they said it may be the wiring from the thermostat but it was fine the day before. AC side works fine. Oh its 22 degrees right now.
Hi I copied the link below from the Forest River library located at the top of the page in the green bar. I looked at the wiring diagram in the Operations, installation, and maintenance manual it looks like the 12 volts dc + - may make a problem if they are not wired with the right polarity with the t stat blue wires and the 12 volt power wires. 12 volt + must be wired to the red wire to feed t stat.

Hope this helps Tim

Forest River Forums - Downloads - Furnace - Suburban Service Manual (NT models) : Operations, installation, and maintenance manual for Suburban DYNATRAIL furnaces. (328.3 KB)
Old 01-03-2016, 12:38 AM   #7

I quess we will never know if the OP got it fixed..

2007 Surveyor SV230
Old 01-03-2016, 02:29 AM   #8
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocking View Post
I quess we will never know if the OP got it fixed..
Yep, very often they never come back to finish the story.
)
kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:18 PM   #9

I am so sorry, Between work and not getting to the camper, I hadn't even tried to fix it.
My husband was up there this weekend and ran a jumper from the red+ and blue+ for the furnace to the to the red+ and white with green stripe (12+ connection). The furnace still runs great but will not shut off. The thermostat clicks nothing happens. He said since I will be up there in a week or so I can fix it then.

Before it was taken out, when it lit, it ran fine shutting on and off within a bit of hitting temperature.

Thank you all for your help. Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-03-2016, 11:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinmo View Post
I am so sorry, Between work and not getting to the camper, I hadn't even tried to fix it.
My husband was up there this weekend and ran a jumper from the red+ and blue+ for the furnace to the to the red+ and white with green stripe (12+ connection). The furnace still runs great but will not shut off. The thermostat clicks nothing happens. He said since I will be up there in a week or so I can fix it then.

Before it was taken out, when it lit, it ran fine shutting on and off within a bit of hitting temperature.

Thank you all for your help. Happy New Year!!!
Hi Have heard of the wires behind the thermostat shorting and causing the furnace to run all the time. Remove the thermostat from the wall. The white wire from the t stat on the W terminal supply's +12 volts to the furnace to the control module board on the furnace. Unhook the white wire or the one that is on the W terminal furnace should shut down. The red wire or wire on the R terminal is +12 volts to supply power the thermostat. Yellow wire or wire on Y is for air conditioner if your TT air conditioner is start/stopped with the thermostat. If the furnace dose not stop when wire is removed from the W terminal the wire between the furnace/thermostat has been damaged or shorted together.

Tags
furnace, suburban