Old 10-03-2015, 07:08 AM   #1

Suburban furnace won't stay running

Hi guys, been off here a while. Had a great camping season. We're out this weekend for one last trip and it's cold!

Last night around 9pm I fired up the furnace. Ran without a problem till around 11-12 when we headed to bed. Woke up at 3am, matress heater was keeping me warm but it was chilly. Turned up thermostat, all the way to 90, wouldn't come on. Propane gone? Nope, stove lite fine. Breaker or fuse? Nope all good there. Searched here saw someone say turn off thermostat and back on.... Yay it's running again.

Get cozy back in bed, 10 minutes later goes back off. No way I'm up to temp. Well maybe 4-5 times now I've turned it off and on and it only runs about 10 minutes.

Going to be even colder tonight. Any thoughts? Things I can check? I'm not that technical with terminology but I'm semi handy. It's a brand new palomino 213x hybrid. I'll try to find the furnace model

Old 10-03-2015, 07:16 AM   #2

Just noticed, turned off and on again that it's blowing air but not hot like last night

Old 10-03-2015, 08:14 AM   #3

Just tried again. Got warm for a moment but quickly cooled off and shut down. Maybe low on propane, enough to light stove but not enough to keep furnace going? Waiting for my girl to get up so I can check tanks. Fill them up and see what happens
Old 10-03-2015, 08:36 AM   #4

Hope it is a simple as not enough propane pressure... there maybe enough to create flow at the stove but not enough for the level of consumption the furnace needs... I will always try to keep mine 1/2 or better.

please give us an update

2015 Coachmen Prism 24J MBS
USN-R '01-present
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpa098 View Post
Hi guys, been off here a while. Had a great camping season. We're out this weekend for one last trip and it's cold!

Last night around 9pm I fired up the furnace. Ran without a problem till around 11-12 when we headed to bed. Woke up at 3am, matress heater was keeping me warm but it was chilly. Turned up thermostat, all the way to 90, wouldn't come on. Propane gone? Nope, stove lite fine. Breaker or fuse? Nope all good there. Searched here saw someone say turn off thermostat and back on.... Yay it's running again.

Get cozy back in bed, 10 minutes later goes back off. No way I'm up to temp. Well maybe 4-5 times now I've turned it off and on and it only runs about 10 minutes.

Going to be even colder tonight. Any thoughts? Things I can check? I'm not that technical with terminology but I'm semi handy. It's a brand new palomino 213x hybrid. I'll try to find the furnace model
Do you have enough voltage (12V system)?

USN-R '01-present
Old 10-03-2015, 09:16 AM   #6

I'm hooked to shore power
Old 10-03-2015, 09:18 AM   #7

One tank was half or more. The other tank was pretty well empty, just filled it. Tried again no luck. Just fought opening the out side panel. It's model sf-20q. Gonna try again. Doesn't seem to be lighting
Old 10-03-2015, 09:20 AM   #8

Getting hot exhaust
Old 10-03-2015, 09:23 AM   #9

Keeps clicking, exhaust gets hot but then cools to just warm. Blower going strong, getting cooler prob gonna shut off again
Old 10-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpa098 View Post
Just tried again. Got warm for a moment but quickly cooled off and shut down. Maybe low on propane, enough to light stove but not enough to keep furnace going? Waiting for my girl to get up so I can check tanks. Fill them up and see what happens
anything blocking the interior cold air or hot air vents? I am wondering if there is an high Temp shut off and air is not being moved? just grasping at straws. You are hooked to shore power. Have you verified you are getting 12V from the battery- just want to make sure converter is working as it should..

USN-R '01-present

Tags
furnace, suburban