Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2016, 05:05 AM   #1

Question Suburban NT-30SP

I have owned this Rockwood Utralite for 3.5 years. During the warranty period my dealer had to replace the Suburban NT-30SP three times and work on it at least two other times. It has had every part replaced multiple times by the technicians. The last time the warranty work was done they walked away and I had no heat.
I have only had heat in this unit one winter and it was the mild one. I live full time and now I am trying to find a heat solution that will be good for more than one season.
I was advised by independent technicians to purchase a new heater of the exact same model. I realize they are specified for this RV but I can't justify spending more money on a useless item. The dealer that sold me the brand new RV never reported my heater problems to Suburban so they won't help me. My RV dealer turned out to be useless liars.
So, right now I am struggling to find a more permanent solution.
I had a situation where the heater would come on with the full cycle and heat blows out. Trailer never reaches intended temperature and heater turns off and won't turn back on again.
I replaced the limit switch with a brand new limit switch.
Same problem although it was compounded by the Thermostat dying.
I purchased a new thermostat of the exact model and replaced it.
I am back to square one. The heat comes on and seems to work, shuts off before it warms up trailer and won't come back on until I wait ten minutes and fiddle with the thermostat.
I looked for an alternative since I need heat and it always comes back to I have to use the same make and model of heater.
I have tried to find a repair technician but I get different stories from each.
One person says they have to pull the heater and bench test it. Another one tells me that won't be good enough. They have to work on the heater in the unit with the existing propane, etc.
I purchased a brand new Rockwood UltraLite 5th wheel and I would be better off in a shelter. At least I would be warm.
California does not allow the unvented propane heaters so that option is out.
Any ideas on how to get heat? Electric heaters don't even take the chill off and run over $250. in electricity.
- There is nothing blocking air vents
- New limit switch
- New thermostat
I'm cold and miserable. Homeless shelters are starting to look good but I have pets.
Webgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #2

You might be in Luck? A member just yesterday posted a Very Detailed write up W/pics on this very Heater/Furnace! It is very evident that all Dealerships cant FIX/Adjust these units! Do a Search at Top!,and Good Luck! I also know a Member who has a T/H that they were living in while building a new house and they had the furnace worked on/replaced at Goshen,but it Layed a Egg and thier pipes Froze! So you are Not alone! Youroo!!
Old 02-12-2016, 06:57 AM   #3

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...in-100799.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:00 AM   #4

Help Center!

Search under "The agony & the ecstasy pt .2" this was Posted by Member "Walk the Walk" on 2/10/2016 at 8:03 Very detailed,should work for You! Youroo!!

Tags
suburban