Old 08-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #1

Suburban Oven door won't fully close

We have a 23" oven and can not get the door to fully close. It sticks out a bit towards the top and won't fully seal. So the knobs above get hot. How does one fix or adjust the door so it fully seals.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakool View Post
We have a 23" oven and can not get the door to fully close. It sticks out a bit towards the top and won't fully seal. So the knobs above get hot. How does one fix or adjust the door so it fully seals.
I had the same issue, caused by my leaning on door while open. Bent the mechanism and got a warranty replacement. Camping World is a warranty station.

I and the mechanic could not correct the bent mechanism.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:30 PM   #3

"sakool": When we viewed the new TT we were interested in buying that is one of the items that the lady of the house noticed and we brought it to the salesman's attention. One week later when we went to pick up the TT the oven door was still ajar so, again, we brought it to the attention of the prep people. They fiddled with it for about 2 hours before telling us that IF we would take the unit we could bring it back in about four (4) weeks to have the range/oven combo replace. That was not to my liking but the boss lady stated to just take it home as she wanted to go camping that weekend coming up. After I got the TT home I looked closer at the oven door and found that it was not mounted properly on the hinge arm. I opened the door to about a 45 degree angle, pulled straight out on the door and it came off of the arm of the hinge. I then proceeded to replace the door and made sure that I aligned the slots of the door with the arms of the hinges. Everything fell into place by doing that and the oven door fit correctly and has ever since.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:59 PM   #4

Thurman. Thanks. I checked mine and it looks like it's mounted correctly. Guess I'll add it to the warranty list. Got a few other things that need to be fixed.

Tags
door, suburban