Old 01-13-2016, 10:41 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
X2
Jeff64.. I would agree with you on calling the mfgs if Roxie were sitting at home and did not need his oven now. Same thing happened to me. I was using my RV for a week and needed the oven "now".

Worth a try. Mine works without a hitch to this day..

Bigger orfice means more flame which can now reach the thermocouple, possibly... My 2 cents worth...

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdelan View Post
Had exactly the same problem in our 2015 Flagstaff V-Lite. It has been at the dealers awaiting parts since last September. They phoned just prior to Christmas to say that the parts had finally arrived and that it was fixed under warranty. Picking it up after Jan. 4th so can't attest that it is working right now. Only posting this to point out that it appears to be a common problem.
Feb. 8th: Further to my previous........ Got our TT back from the dealer and they said that the reason it took so long was that parts sent by manufacturer (Suburban) also did not work so eventually a completely new oven showed up and was installed. I finally got around to checking it out today and guess what? IT DOES EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!! Talk about frustrating to say the least. Have not been able to talk to the dealership as it is closed today. There was one other ongoing problem that our TT had be back to the dealer for twice before.... One outside speaker no-functional. Well guess what? That is also still not working!! All this despite the dealer having assured me that "everything was checked, tested and was working. That is the last time I leave that dealership without having them witness their so called "testing"! :bad mood:

Old 02-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #23
CRS

On our way home from Texas to Michigan last January, we stopped by the factory in Goshen & they ended replacing to entire oven. We just had our radio replaced at the dealer as the outside speakers quite working, apparently it is common for the outsides to stop working. As of right now everything is functionally normally again.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #24

I am still 100 miles from dealership. They suggested another dealership that's not affiliated with them but is a forest river dealer also. I just hate the idea of having to leave my TT there until they are ready to repair it. I think the excuse of waiting on parts is a crock! Fed Ex can deliver over night Gump!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:59 PM   #25
RetiredRVer

I had exactly the problem you had with my Suburban oven......back to the dealer 2 times to repair the problem. First time back it still did the same thing. Second time, same problem, and they broke the igniter knob off. (Didn't even tell me...they just shoved it back on, broken!) I finally called Suburban to fix it myself. They sent me a new burner assembly, and new igniter assembly. Now, I am a plumber, and told them so because they said they don't send out parts for gas ovens due to liability issues. The gentleman said since I was familiar with working on gas appliances, he would send the parts to me. Moral of story......I installed the items myself and all is well. In conclusion; never trust the dealer when they say it's fixed, and, if you have skills, fix it yourself.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:57 AM   #26

I have read that many times Checkmate. I have done a lot of Internet recsearch on this problem but I am not qualified to DIY or it would already be done. tje thought of taking it to dealer gives me chills!
Old 02-09-2016, 08:06 AM   #27

Mine and another in our park are doing the exact same thing. We found a mobile service that would accept the warranty work and split the service call instead of breaking camp and losing our home for who knows how long. We are waiting on parts with fingers crossed.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:31 AM   #28

Wow your lucky. Sure wish I could find someone to make a service call. How did you find a warranty repair person?
Old 02-09-2016, 09:04 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxie_24fan View Post
Wow your lucky. Sure wish I could find someone to make a service call. How did you find a warranty repair person?
Yeah, I probably should run out and buy a lottery ticket today!

After numerous calls to Coachmen, Suburban, and about a half dozen mobile repair services, a neighbor in the park recommended this guy to me who was glad to do it. The only caveat was that we would have to pay the service/mileage charge of 60.00 that wasn't covered by the manufacturer's warranty. We found another in the park that was also having the same issue and the service guy agreed to split the charge between us. So for 30.00, we are now waiting on parts from Suburban.

We will see if our luck is any better than previous posters in this thread in where even the replacement part didn't fix the problem.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:24 AM   #30

I will call Suburban and see if they have a local person that can do warranty work. This has been a big pain!

Tags
suburban