Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpa098 View Post
For electric only I found the reset button needed to be hit. Thought I hit that previously. The one good thing about having troubles is you learn from them. Thanks again for the help. Had an amazing trip with my family, about 20 of us laughing and joking and having a good old time

Glad to hear of the good time you had with family. That's what RV'ing is supposed to be about.

You may want to keep an eye on this though. The reset you hit is only supposed to trip if the water hits a high temp and the thermostat(s) fail to turn off either the propane or electric heating element. You have two of these, one each for the propane and electric heating element.

Something happened for one/both of these to trip.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:47 AM   #22

They were both tripped, I'm thinking the propane one tripped possibly due to no gas in the line the first time it tried to light.

Another trip in two weeks, if they are tried again I'll be back with questions.
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Glad to hear of the good time you had with family. That's what RV'ing is supposed to be about.
EXACTLY! Great family memories!
Old 08-01-2015, 08:15 AM   #24

Just when I think I figured out my water heater. Boondocking. Battery is brand new. Have propane. Have water in water heater. Ok flipped on water heater switch inside camper, fault light came on instantly. Just wait 5 mins or do I have to unhook battery and turn off propane tanks, instructions say kill power and propane and wait 5 mins. Already checked reset button
Old 08-01-2015, 08:19 AM   #25
Site Team

If this is the first time you have used the WH on propane in a while, you may need to bleed the lines. Run stove for a minute or so, then try WH again. When you hit switch, you should hear a click ( gas solenoid opening) then several smaller clicks ( ignition ) trying to light propane. You may have to do this several times as the fridge uses a low flow rate of propane and it can take a while for the lines to purge.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:21 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Just when I think I figured out my water heater. Boondocking. Battery is brand new. Have propane. Have water in water heater. Ok flipped on water heater switch inside camper, fault light came on instantly. Just wait 5 mins or do I have to unhook battery and turn off propane tanks, instructions say kill power and propane and wait 5 mins. Already checked reset button
The fault light does come on as soon as you flip the switch and will stay on until the propane lights...usually 15-30 seconds. After that, it goes off.

If the propane doesn't light in the initial try, the DSI will Usually attempt two more times with a delay between each try. If AFTER three failed attempts, the propane/dsi goes into lockout mode...and then you have to turn the switch off and back on after a few second delay to reset the lockout.

We just discussed this in another thread a few days ago. Let me find it.

EDIT: Here you go. See if this thread helps:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ues-88528.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #27

Great thanks, I'll go flip it back on then
Old 08-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #28

Feeling dumb at the moment. Yup flipped it on and in 10 seconds or less it fired up. Will be showering in no time. Thanks for the fast response and help
Old 08-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Feeling dumb at the moment. Yup flipped it on and in 10 seconds or less it fired up. Will be showering in no time. Thanks for the fast response and help
No need to feel dumb. That's what the forums are here for. You are very welcome and glad it's all going now.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:18 AM   #30

As soon as I saw the fault light I was annoyed and came straight here lol. Girlfriend and I snuck away for three days alone, no kids or dogs. It's very relaxing

Tags
suburban