Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Too old to be too smart

Suggestions for Microwave Surround Bezel?

We recently bought a well-kept, but older, Flagstaff 21FB. I do not know if it originally came with a microwave, but there is an overhead cabinet with a single-plug duplex-type outlet above the sink where one might have been.

At any rate, there wasn't one installed when we bought the trailer, and my wife has since purchased one that fits within the area. I wish to completely remove the cabinet door involved, and want to then finish the installation with some type of "surround".

Any suggestions for building one, or buying an existing one? If existing, are there 'universally-adaptable" ones? If so, got a suggestion for a good source of supply?

Also, how should I handle the in-cabinet heat that's generated. Exhaust fans?

Thanks in advance!

Pop

2000 F-350 7.3L CC/LB 4WD Lariat 3.73's
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
H2oski

Check out this web page. It may give you an idea as to size and type of trim kits. Search the web and you can find many types. As far as power you might be able to use the plug you mentioned, is it in the cabinet, you may be able to use it. Pic sure would help. Good Luck.

http://www.adventurerv.net/major-app...e-c-24_85.html
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote