Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #1

Sunseeker 3170 - Radio / Bluetooth question

Hi
We bought our first RV - 2014 Sunseeker 3170 model, used with 25k miles on it and got it home yesterday. Was trying to figure out what is where and right of the bat, I found the following with the LCD in dash radio. There are no make / model names on the radio but based on what I have read so for, I am assuming to be Magnadyne radio. Here are my initial questions:

1. Radio reception is clear only when the engine is Off. while the engine is ON there is a static in the background. What can I do to minimize / avoid it?

2. The factory site says the radio is a 7" Touch screen radio with DVD, USB and Bluetooth. Where as, when I go the Home menu, I do not see the option for "BT" for bluetooth or "SAT" for Satellite Radio - even though I know that I need to add the XM / Sirius tuner. Since I dont see the option for "BT" does it mean the radio doesnt have a bluetooth option?

3. I see a distribution box in the cabinet to the right of the front cabin TV. Can the DVD played in the In-dash system be playing on the TV in the back?

So for, this is what I have.. I am sure as I start using the RV, I would have more to come...

Thanks
Venky
vriyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
Average Joe

This might help.... see attached file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M4-LCD-UM Rev A 6-20-11 small.pdf (1.99 MB, 374 views)

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:28 AM   #3

I have a 2013 3170DS. I dowloaded a Magnadyne Manual for Models:M3-LCD and M4-LCD

This manual should answer all your questions except for the noise problem.
The DVD will play on all TV's from the dash board radio

My bloe tooth works

I also call the Magnadyne office and sometimes they were helpful
I think the number is 310-735-2000

it is a very frustrating instrument every time I take a trip I have to relearn how to use it.
njjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:04 PM   #4

Thanks for the manual and updates.. I will check it this evening and keep you posted.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:07 PM   #5

Bluetooth is strange

Here is what I found - when I tried to pair the bluetooth to RV, it was strange. With the head unit turned off, my galaxy 5 picked up the radio and paired and even connected.

When I turned the unit back "ON" the connection disconnected. And when I pushed paired device to Connect, it wont.

I plan on calling the Magnadyne tech support, but if someone else have any ideas I appreciate the input

Thanks
Old 04-30-2015, 08:05 AM   #6

all I can tell you is that I had similar problems between the Bluetooth and the GPS voice. I was on the phone with the Magnadyne Tech people and they sent me a new unit (Model M4-LCD
I have no confidence in there units. I have concluded that you can not use the dashboard Model M4-LCD while you are driving during the day because you can not read the screen because of the glare. I can't answer the phone if I can't read the touch screen.
njjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:15 AM   #7

If it's in warranty, have the dealer address the static issue. Otherwise a good auto sound shop might be able to correct that issue. The blue tooth does not connect easily with external devices (ex phone). If you get a satisfactory procedure when you call magnedyne, please post it here. Thanks
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:31 PM   #8

Does anyone know how to operate the Magnadyne Model M4-LCD I am trying tooperate it without the radio on. It seems if I turn off the radio the whole unit shuts down. Is there no on off for the radio??????
gtony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:15 PM   #9

Based on what I have read in the forum you can change to Bluetooth option the keep it quiet and still have the Unit ON.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:23 AM   #10

Update on the bluetooth connection:

1. If you dont see the option of "BT" icon in the Home screen, you would have to enter the Setup and select System. it will prompt for the password, enter "5365". Once in the system setup, select the BT option and ensure it is highlighted. Press OK and exit of the Menu

2. While the radio is ON, in your phone scan for available BT devices. If you dont see MAGM4LCD or you see it but it wont pair for what ever reason, here is what you do. Reset the radio by pushing the small buttom in the bottom of the head unit (you will lose time and radio presets). Turn off the house battery for 5 minutes. Turn the batteries back ON and turn ON radio

3. Now do the scan again in the phone.. This should work now..

Plan to work on the radio static when Engine ON today and will keep you posted.

Tags
3170, radio, sunseeker