Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2017, 01:41 PM   #1

Swivel tv wall mount

I'm sure many of us have a swivel mount for our flat screen tv's at home. Has anyone installed one in your camper? Our rv living area tv is difficult to watch from the recliners. If the tv could be extended and swiveled a tad, it would make a big difference. I would just buy one and mount it, but I'm not sure if it would handle bouncing down the highways.

Anyone try a swivel mount?
Old 05-28-2017, 04:30 PM   #2

You can use an extendable swivel mount. As far as bouncing, just secure the tv flat to the wall with a strap. Or buy a removable mount and remove the tv before traveling.
gw1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:33 PM   #3

We have the swivel mount in our 5er.
It came from the factory with it. It "locks" in place when against the wall. Actually you have to pull on it HARD to get it away from the "lock" to make it swivel. I am always afraid of breaking something.
So yes, you can. I would check the rv supply places, they make them specifically for Rv's that have that push "lock" on them.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb5900 View Post
We have the swivel mount in our 5er.
It came from the factory with it. It "locks" in place when against the wall. Actually you have to pull on it HARD to get it away from the "lock" to make it swivel. I am always afraid of breaking something.
So yes, you can. I would check the rv supply places, they make them specifically for Rv's that have that push "lock" on them.

X2. Ours has a u-shaped hard rubber piece that snaps over something on the mount when you PRESS against the wall....I swear something is gonna break pushing or pulling someday.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:38 PM   #5

I almost bought one designed for an RV, but instead I bought a regular one from Wal-Mart (it's a full motion). We needed the full motion for the same reasons as you, our seating is sort of off to the side of the TV. What I did though is bought the full motion mount, and two heavy picture frame wall hangers (they are basically small D rings with a bracket to put a screw through into your wall to hold a picture up). I then drilled the holes to open them up to the same size as the bolts I was using to mount the TV bracket and basically put them on the top and bottom bolts (there's three bolts for the bracket) just like a washer and mounted my bracket. I have some little bungee cords that I run from D ring to D ring that hold the bracket closed while in traveling. Works great, and saved myself about $75. Install was super easy as well.
pbrown1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:10 PM   #6

Awesome information from everyone! I'm going to do a little shopping for a new tv mount.

Thank you all.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:20 PM   #7

I bought the one below. I do secure with strap when traveling. I did have one of the locking screws come out.

https://www.mount-it.net/rv-tv-mount...nches-max.html

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:17 PM   #8

Check out Monoprice.com for TV mounts. They have a lot of them at very reasonable prices. Good company and fast delivery. Good descriptions and pictures on their site and money back guarantee as well.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount