Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2018, 08:24 AM   #1
Trailer Park Supervisor

Tadi Brothers rear view cam vs. Furrion

I know there are other threads about this, but most are several years old. My 2019 GeoPro is being built this week, will come pre-wired with Furrion mount for rear view cam. I see the Furrion rear view camera and display package on Amazon for 350 bucks, looks like an easy install.

I also checked out Tadi Brothers website, and discovered the following features that make it look more desirable:

Monitor I want is actually an oversized rear view mirror that clips to existing rear view mirror. As you can't really see anything in the rear view mirror when you're towing anyway, this is the perfect place for a monitor since you are conditioned to look at rear view mirror anyway. I think I would prefer this to figuring out how to keep it on dash or someplace else.

The Tadi Brothers system is 100 bucks cheaper.

The Tadi Brothers package comes with an adaptor plate for their cam, that mounts to the Furrion shark fin mount.

I know the Furrion set up has very good reviews on Amazon. Any experience with the Tadi Brothers product I described above? I am specifically interested in how well the cam mounts to the Furrion mount (pics would be nice), and the rear view mirror clip-on monitor, and overall wireless connectivity. My trailer is only 20 feet long, so I imagine wireless range will not be an issue.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
Site Team

Do you have a link?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010XWNFOM...v_ov_lig_dp_it for the Furion.

Here is the Tadi Brothers link: https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...-backup-camera
Old 10-22-2018, 03:15 PM   #4
Site Team

Thanx
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:26 PM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor

Ok, studied the Tadi Brothers site some more for this product. By the time you add the Furrion adaptor bracket, and backup lines to the camera like the Furrion has to make them even, the Tadi Brothers set up is 315 bucks and no sales tax, unlike the Amazon buy. Still 35 bucks cheaper, and has advantage of rear view mirror monitor. Now I just need to know if folks that have it like it.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:00 PM   #6
Trailer Park Supervisor

Further research on Amazon seems to indicate the Tadi Brothers product is horrible. An identical looking product set is for sale on Amazon for 50 to 60 bucks with no name. I will probably end up going with Furrion. Too bad they can't make a monitor that mounts to mirror.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #7

I would keep looking. My Furrion observation camera is poor at best. Drops out, pixilates, very slow to react. Not everybody seems to have these problems but many do.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:32 PM   #8
Enjoying Life

I bought the Furrion camera from Amazon and installed it before my trip to Florida this month. It performed flawlessly the entire trip. I would recommend this item.
If you do go with the Amazon unit select the one that comes with the bracket (even though you don't need it) it was cheaper.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:37 PM   #9
Trailer Park Supervisor

yep Tx, saw that, hence the link to the whole package. Weird, huh. GotToys, maybe your connectivity is related to the length of that 18 wheeler you're hauling: Does 36CK mean 36 FEET??? By the time your signal reaches your driver's seat, it's probably close to 50 feet, plus all the obstruction between (trailer). I'll bet they make a repeater or something that would help. And the Hunter Thompson quote makes me smile every time!
Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #10

I have a lot of first-hand experience with the Tadi Brothers setup. When I bought my TT in March 2017, they didn't have the adaptor so I had to rig something up myself. (I'd like to claim credit that they introduced the adaptor but that might be a stretch.) Originally chose Tadi over Furrion because of reviews at the time being overwhelmingly in favor of Tadi, so interesting that it sounds like that might have shifted. I went with the foldable display and have it sitting on Velcro on our dash during trips.

Very, very impressed with Tadi's level of customer service. I had a problem with the camera after bringing the rig out of storage where it was subjected to summer NC temps, and they replaced it no problem. Was on the road at the time and they worked with me to get it shipped to an RV park, etc. (This sounds basic, but there were complications on my end they helped with.) Have had other conversations with them to answer questions and they've always been helpful, knowledgeable and timely.

I ended up buying the extender antennae for our latest long trip and that eliminated the problems I was having with signal strength. I have the receiver wire-tied to the back of the passenger headrest, though with the extender antennae I could probably move it down (it's not in the way where it is). Picture quality and clarity has always been spectacular.

Overall I'd strongly recommend the Tadi setup, though I have never owned or seen what the Furrion picture looks like.
Blog for our trailer trips: www.jackandaprilblog.com
jackconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:44 PM   #11
Trailer Park Supervisor

I take back what I said about the Tadi Brothers mirror-display. That was based on a VERY limited number of reviews I saw on Amazon, not enough to make a fair determination. Apparently, the adaptor bracket and wire for the Furrion is available from Tadi or Rear View Safety for 30 or 40 bucks total depending on who you buy from. Then you can pick and choose from any number of cams/monitors, and use a wireless trans/rec kit to link them.

Going to wait till Spring to buy, as Furrion has a newer generation of monitor and cam coming out, that is currently 100 bucks more than their current generation. Will wait for price to come down, and/or buy a system from Tadi Bros. or Rear View Safety. The only advantage I see with the Furrion, is the cam fits inside the shark fin mount a little more cleanly and has an integral antenna for wireless connection.

On the Tadi site, if you buy all the components together, they only charge 20 bucks for the adaptor plate and cord.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:37 PM   #12
StlClay

Have had Tadi Bros setup for three years with no problems. Added another camera to the back of my truck when not trailering. Yes occasional cutout due to RF signals in the area. Had not heard of the upgraded antenna but will look at it. Highly recommend

2014 MiniLite with
Nissan Frontier
Stlcaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #13

I have a Furrion on my E-Pro 19 FBS. It works great as a rear view while on the road.
Cooknavy is offline   Reply With Quote