Old 01-14-2016, 12:48 PM   #11
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Originally Posted by Medic97 View Post
Thank you WestCoastRV'er for the response. I used similar intructions and also see "Connected" on the status page to the camp's WiFi. But still no Internet access. All network connections also show no internet access. That is the problem.

Are you satisfied with the R36 booster? Has it worked for you at multiple locations?

I need to decide if I will keep this product or return it.
From my experience and research, the best WiFi booster out there is the WiFi Ranger elite. I do no own one (yet!) but had the opportunity to use one last year. A buddy who was camping next to us had a WiFi Ranger and his WiFi signal was MUCH stronger than the campground's, so I asked if I could join his LAN.

DW and I were on his LAN with our 2 iPads and Macbook for 3 days. This was in addition to his 2 cellphones, 2 iPads and 2 Laptops that were also on the LAN (you can have up to 10 devices!). We were very impressed! The price is steep, but then again you get what you pay for.

There are other WiFi boosters out there, but what impressed us about this setup is id drop dead easy to setup and maintain! Also, we have just found out that we will be able to buy our WiFi Ranger without the Wireless router because we can use our existing Apple Airport Extreme.

Hope this helps

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:54 PM   #12
correct; R36 device

Robert & Wendy M
5er: 2016 Columbus 320RS - TV: 2015 F250 6.7L V8 Diesel
Part-timer; Looking forward to fulltime...
Medic97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:09 PM   #13
Originally Posted by Medic97 View Post
correct; R36 device
What version of USB WIFI card do you have. Seems the older firmware version for 36NH would save the network type to 802.11 Ad-Hoc instead of the correct type of Infrastructure.

Another thought would be to ensure you have the most recent firmware for the R36. Be sure to match with the correct WIFI card.

2011 2902ss Rockwood Ultralight
2008 Grand Cherokee 3.0L Diesel (255 hp @ 2900 rpm / 430 lb-ft @ 1,400-2,800 rpm)
3P ProPride Hitch
RV Mods
Wandering RV Life
WestCoastRV'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:19 PM   #14
Thanks WestCoastRV'er. I verified the firmaware a few days ago soon after receiving the device.
Robert & Wendy M
5er: 2016 Columbus 320RS - TV: 2015 F250 6.7L V8 Diesel
Part-timer; Looking forward to fulltime...
Medic97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #15
Below, is what I use for my set up. Both are on Amazon for around $120.00 with a Prime account. Works well as it gives you your own, secure network in your RV. I am not familiar with TechnoRV at all and the WiFi Ranger line, while a great product, is much more than I want to spend. I mounted the NanoStation M2 on a short piece of aluminum pole mounted to my external ladder and ran the CAT cable through the slideout. I was up and running in about a half hour including install. The configuration directions were quite simple to follow. Now the only issue I have is if the campground's Internet gets spotty. In fact, I have a 5th wheel, with a roof higher than my NanoStation, parked between me and the WiFi source (100 yds or so away) and I am still getting full signal on the NanoStation. The park has no repeaters and relies on the single wireless router that they have in the office. The router is near a window but not in it. I am impressed with the NanoStation's ability to pull in, amplify, and then deliver a wireless signal to me.

1. Ubiquiti NanoStation M2

2. Ubiquiti airGateway, airMAX WISP Customer Wi-Fi Solution, Small Form Factor
Middleburg Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:09 AM   #16
wifi booster

i used the Alfa wifi booster connected to my laptop and it worked just fine after setup. I used the router and exterior antenna and it worked fine after setup.
Have not tried using the alfa and the router.
Suggestions on using the Alfa booster were provided by other users and most indicated getting the unit and its antenna closer to the window, with intent trying to get a stronger signal to the Alfa antenna.
Some of us chose to use the exterior antenna with cable routed inside to the router and then let the laptop connect to it as wireless. Its similar to the ranger but cheaper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alfa unit.PNG
Views:	55
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	97845  

etcmss is offline   Reply With Quote