Old 05-25-2018, 07:22 PM   #1

Television questions

We have a 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS. The 32 inch Jensen TV in the living area stopped working, or sometimes it will come on for a couple minutes and then loses power but most of the time does not seem to have power at all, the blue stand by light in the bottom corner can be out for days at a time. I have had no luck in trying to remove it from the wall to look behind it, it won't budge in any direction. How do I remove this TV and why does it not seem to have power most of the time but sometimes it does ?

The 2nd question is we have an identical 32 inch Jensen TV on the outside that works just fine but when we turn the outside TV on, the Furion TV in the bedroom area loses access to all channels. As soon as we turn the outside TV off, the Furion TV in the bedroom has access to all channels again. This was happening before the living room area TV lost power and still continues after the living room TV lost power. Has anyones else ever experienced this strange problem or know what can be causing it ?

lucky55616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:35 PM   #2

I believe the Jensen is a 12v tv and has a small plug . check the connection because it is spliced to coach 12v line. If the tv is like mine the mount is a taper fit and a real bear to get to move . mine took a lot but it slides straight up the off. Took a lot to make it budge.

ejohnson1144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:37 PM   #3

Your second issue is probably a loose connection on a splitter.
ejohnson1144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:36 PM   #4

Thank you for your responses.

I was finally able to get the TV off the wall. Someone else had mentioned in a different thread that they had the same model TV as we do and there was an inline fuse in the power cord that needed to be replaced when they lost power but I do not see an inline fuse on our power cord. I did swap out the fuse in the fuse panel that was labeled TV and that made no difference. I am starting to think that the TV power cord may have gone bad.

Related to the loose connection on a splitter, where would the splitter be. Is that hidden in a wall someplace, I am not finding one so far.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #5

Update - I ordered a new power cord from Amazon and the TV is powered on and working perfectly now. I found out there are 2 types of power cords for this TV, one is direct wired to the 12 volt electrical system and includes an inline fuse on the cord and the other has a standard 12 volt device connector on it and plugs in to a 12 volt receptacle. Mine is the 2nd type so it was easy to remove the non-working power cord and plug in the new power cord.

Tags
television