Old 09-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
Television reception in Florida Keys

As part of a 6 week snowbird getaway to numerous Florida State Parks this Winter, we have 2 weeks booked at Long Key State Park in the Keys. Is there
any over the air television reception in the Keys? I'm thinking DW and I will go bonkers if no television for 2 weeks. Usually don't stay in one place that long but couldn't pass up the 2 weeks right on the beach. Thinking about getting Dish installed at home with the 211 receiver, taking the receiver along and buying a Tailgater. Thought I heard you can do that with no extra charges from Dish. Anyone have any input?
Thanks in advance - Breul

breul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
I love my DISH Tailgater works great.

buckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
Berkshire 390QS
Love dish pay as you go using the tailgater, get a bunch of station, pay for only when you have it on and get local stations no matter where we are. We pay $39 a month for our package.
2011: 54 days, 2012: 218 days, 2013: 175 days, 2014: 196 days
2015: 188 days, 2016: 72 days,
2009 Berkshire, 390QS, and toad
NO3putt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
The only extra charge you would incur as far as I know would be the cost of the tailgator, the 211 receiver is $7 a month fee, but if its active at home then it's already being paid for. For a one time $40 activation fee you can add your own hard drive to the 211 and make it a single tuner dvr. Or if you get a 211"K" (not a "z") it has an off air input that would allow you to record one sat and one off air, this making it a 2 tuner receiver.
Some days I wake "Grumpy", Some days I just let her sleep......(Ray Scott)
Jimmerinwi is offline   Reply With Quote

reception, television