Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #1

Red face Television Signal Problems

Having good signal with some channels when changing to another channel it has mix pixel and picture freeze I can stand up and get between the antenna handle and TV and the picture gets clear move away and freezes up again also the TV in the bedroom when you turn it on the TV in front room that was clear will pixel and freeze up. I have all ready changed all cable ends and took out the splitter. could I have bad cables.... Need Help Thanks Dave
1999chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #2

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ved-12876.html
this is what i found with mine. check this out.

others have found connections not made at the box where u turn on the antenna amplifier. i'd check those connections before trying to change wires.
u don't have to go in to tighten the nut. the one on the inside is perty much fixed. the outside one can be tightened.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Like Jim said was the antennae booster on?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:32 AM   #4

With the digital signal its harder to get and keep a good signal when moving channels as station location is different. I would pull the wall plate off and check the cable connection between the ant. and wall plate. Make sure all connections are wrench tight not just finger tight. You may want to get the digital add on for the antennia. You may also while camping ask your fellow campers how may stations and the quality of those stations. This would give you an idea if you truely have a problem. I fought this same type of problem for the last few years and have decided to go the way of satilite tv this year.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #5

my tv doesn't have a signal strength meter in it but my converter box does. i usually use the converter to scan the channels and use the signal strength meter to zero in. then i switch it off and scan the channels on the tv. i use this methoid when in frenge areas. in other areas, i usually look and see what direction everyone else is pointing and use that as a starting pt.

i have not found any really hard and fast easy way to zero in yet.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote