Old 09-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #1

Temp adjust slide on Domestic fridge in 2306

My fridge has a plastic slide on the cooling fins which you slide up and down to adjust the temperature. It has a 'bulb' mounted in that plastic piece that picks up the temp from the cooing fins and send it via a capillary tube to the temperature adjust electronics. (see photos) That bulb has come loose and I'm not sure what position to mount it. I can push it in the plastic piece but it moves too easy and comes loose when I slide the plastic up and down and I want to glue it in place. Can someone look to see if that bulb is dead center or to the top side or bottom side. I can guess but would like to get it close to factory spec if possible. Maybe your looks just like my photo and if so I can glue it down there.

Thanx for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge-temp-adjust.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	40087   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge-temp-adjust-bulb.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	40088  

Old 09-22-2013, 04:44 AM   #2

I would maybe use a zip tie to tighten the holder up. When the tube is all the way to the top...the fridge gets colder. If you glue it you won't have any way to adjust the temp. I adjust mine depending on where I am heatwise.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #3

Evereddie, I would call manufacture and see if they can send you a new clip. Or you can put a small piece of duct tape under the clip to make it fit around the clip better.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaulsen View Post
I would maybe use a zip tie to tighten the holder up. When the tube is all the way to the top...the fridge gets colder. If you glue it you won't have any way to adjust the temp. I adjust mine depending on where I am heatwise.
No, you misunderstood my point. I guess I didn't phrase that just right. I would not glue the plastic to the fins I would glue the bulb in place in the plastic. Nothing is really broken here just needs some adhesive. I was just wondering where the bulb was positioned in the plastic on someones unit that didn't come loose. It works pretty good now but when the parts get cold and stiff the bulb comes loose from the plastic when you try to slide it up and down to regulate the temp.Going to put a dab of silicon glue in there now. Unfortunately this is maintenance weekend, no camping.

Tags
2306, fridge, slide