Old 03-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #11

Goomph,

Great reply,
Spending my working career in the distribution field I agree with you 100%. Could not have been stated clearer.
Hang in there Bob. There are those of us out there that appreciate what you are trying to do.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
My man up response is in the other thread...

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #13

Regardless of who is responsible for Concertone's service plan, it is horrible. It might work if your unit is in warranty, but if it's 2 months out of warranty, you are screwed. I can almost understand if they don't want to sell parts, but they could at least service out of warranty items at a reasonable price. To charge a customer 149.00 for a 5.00 piece of plastic is ridiculous. This unit works , in all respects, except that it needs the door. Please don't tell me that Concertone is going to throw it away when it's shipped back. Just as your service plan states, it will be refurbished. Then it will be sent to another customer, and he will be charged 149.00 also. Looks like a pretty good profit for Concertone. Concertone is making ridiculous profits on units out of warranty. With a service plan like that, they don't need to sell new units, they are making a fortune on replacement units.If they don't want to sell parts, at least they could service the unit at a reasonable price. I have been in the electronics business for 40 years, representing hundreds of manufacturers, and none of them have such a ridiculous policy. For all you Concertone owners out there, good luck. Hope it lasts forever. If you need reasonable service support, you are screwed. I will proceed with changing the unit out to the Jensen, and make sure that everyone I camp with knows about Concertones service policy.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #14

Ronp

Good luck with your Jensen.
Scotty-Georgia Brown
Scotty-Watson
Westy-Holms
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronp View Post
Regardless of who is responsible for Concertone's service plan, it is horrible. It might work if your unit is in warranty, but if it's 2 months out of warranty, you are screwed. I can almost understand if they don't want to sell parts, but they could at least service out of warranty items at a reasonable price. To charge a customer 149.00 for a 5.00 piece of plastic is ridiculous. This unit works , in all respects, except that it needs the door. Please don't tell me that Concertone is going to throw it away when it's shipped back. Just as your service plan states, it will be refurbished. Then it will be sent to another customer, and he will be charged 149.00 also. Looks like a pretty good profit for Concertone. Concertone is making ridiculous profits on units out of warranty. With a service plan like that, they don't need to sell new units, they are making a fortune on replacement units.If they don't want to sell parts, at least they could service the unit at a reasonable price. I have been in the electronics business for 40 years, representing hundreds of manufacturers, and none of them have such a ridiculous policy. For all you Concertone owners out there, good luck. Hope it lasts forever. If you need reasonable service support, you are screwed. I will proceed with changing the unit out to the Jensen, and make sure that everyone I camp with knows about Concertones service policy.
Out of warranty is out of warranty, period end of story, not too complicated for most folks to understand.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #16

What happens whenyour car goes out of warranty? Or for that matter, just about anything. If Concertone was the manufacturer they would say, buy another car! We won't service it. Most folks understand that too. But some simpletons can't
Old 03-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #17

But it is not a car ronp, it is a 150 dollar unit.

I throw away equipment worth a few thousand dollars ... because it makes business sense. Yes it is cheaper for me to replace .....

I hear that you are not happy with the quality reliability of the unit you have. But when your LCD tv dies a few days after warranty and the cost to fix it is almost as much as buying new, you WILL throw it and grumble and buy a new one. Or when the microwave you paid 199 dies ... You won't get it fixed ...

And one reason why i really try not to post in forums anymore, people assuming that others are simpletons, or most can understand etc. Of course this hurts, it is money, of course it hurts because we are being deprived of something we paid good money for, but come on folks, is there any reason to refer to to everyone else like this ?

Yes it would be nice if concertone had the capability to send parts, but, that will most probably cost something which will be passed on to the customer. And that 150 dollar unit will probably cost, 200 dollars or whatever ..... And then we will all say, darn it, it is so expensive, why ! .....

It is what it is ....

I am out of this thread ........Wish everyone well with their concertone units.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #18
Camp Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronp View Post
What happens whenyour car goes out of warranty? Or for that matter, just about anything. If Concertone was the manufacturer they would say, buy another car! We won't service it. Most folks understand that too. But some simpletons can't
It's not a car...
Old 03-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #19
Grape Escape

I am sure someone here can send you the part. Just pay the shipping as there are many, many abandoned units out there. Model of unit and part you need? Try posting it
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #20

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcts43 View Post
Ronp

Good luck with your Jensen.
By far the Jensen is a superior unit, and will most likey be around much longer than Concertone!