Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #21

Still waiting for my jumpy video box before weighing in...

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:43 AM   #22
Camp Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadoomx View Post
By far the Jensen is a superior unit, and will most likey be around much longer than Concertone!
I used to be in to competition car audio. I have to laugh because back then Jensen was thought of similar to Sparkomatic from K-Mart. It's funny how a name can come so far in such a short time. Jensen really was junk then, but I do agree with you that's good stuff now. They must have had someone like Bob come along and straighten things out
B/W Companion, Prodigy Brake Controller,
Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/ LoadController II
jfmoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #23

Bob, hit the proverbial nail on the head...Americans want high wages and pay Walmart prices..this combined with federal tax codes on corporations IS THE REASON why China makes everything...we did this to ourselves. As a small businessman in the chocolate business I can tell you why Hershey makes all of its bars in Mexico, but I digress.

If my wife breaks the door, then oh, well it is my fault and not Concertone's. Should I be able to get parts and fix it myself, well maybe, but is it designed to be servicable easily? That $149 goes to pay some dude making $30 an hour to do a job that is really worth maybe $15 or $20 hour, then you got to add in their federal taxes and so forth. Maybe the unit is a PITA to take apart and while the $5 door is cheap, the costs to take it apart and reassemble is not. Maybe Bob needs to have a stable of illegal aliens working in a cargo container somewhere fixing these things for $19?

You have a company trying to be competitive in the RV market providing a cheaply priced item to a big company like FR while at the same time trying to stay alive with a profit. Profits are not bad.

Now with that said, and Bob please do not take offense, my camper audio is what it is and it aint much. Then again, I go camping to getaway from the world and while I love music, my expectations for my factory equipped camper "stereo system" are minimal when it comes to these things. I wont likely use it very much in large part because it does not sound great. If I ever replace it, it would be with an Alpine car or marine audio deck with integral IPOD controller and new Infinity 6 inch round coax speakers.

It does speak well of Concertone to have Bob here. This is a free way to get honest customer feedback. I mean why have a door at all and simply design a front loading system like a car audio deck or a PS 3? The technology is proven and is cheap.
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #24

I would like to Thank Bob Fields for being on this forum and helping the users as best he can! Out of warranty is out of warranty, very easy to understand!
A unit physically damaged by the end user is not normally a warranty problem.
O.P. Sorry to hear of your mishap with the door breaking off when the slide came in, you know what they say, $h!t Happens, move on and learn form the experience.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Oh, and one more thing. Just so you know, there are more manufacturer representatives here as members than you might think. Just about every component in your camper has a rep or salesperson here as a member. They CHOOSE to lurk here because of the way some folks treat our reps who come "out of the closet." If we are better forum members, maybe more will be willing to "hang a sign" on who they are.

Thanks again Bob for being one of "The Few; The Proud; The Out of the Closet"
X2
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote