Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #1

The Dreaded Concertone

Hello,

We have a 2009 2501SS Ultralite and have been lucky with our Concertone system for the past year. We had a few issues with the TV shutting down but they were very sporadic. We took our unit out the first time this year over July 1st long weekend. The issue we have run into is that our TV shuts down (or goes into sleep mode) when we turn on our concertone on 12 volt. We can hear the sound but the screen in blank. Concertone stays on. When the generator is running and charging the batteries (still on 12 volt), everything works. So it appears when the batteries are not fully charged (anything less than full), the tv will not run when the concertone is on.

We are guessing that the concertone is taking all the power so the TV senses that there is not enough power and shuts down (sleep mode).

We are going to try plugging in our computer to the TV to see if the issue is the TV, but I am guessing it's the concertone. Ugh...

Any ideas? Do you think warranty will replace (we bought the expensive additional 3 years extended warranty).

Thanks.

Giselle
Southern Alberta, CANADA
gizzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

Not sure, but in our unit the TV is 115v only so when running on 12v only there is no pic as the Concertone is 12v and continues to run. You probably need a small inverter and a 12v source which is what I am trying to do on our new 30WRLS. Of course I am blowing smoke if this used to work for you and dosen't anymore.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #3

That is correct. That is what the 12v TV is designed to do on a low voltage situation. You'll find that the heater and the gas detector, as well as finally the water pump are designed to do this, too. You don't want to have to replace these appliances just because of low voltage input, so they shut down, as a failsafe. I installed 2 batteries in mine, for dry camping. The TV and the heater are huge power hogs, and will drain the batteries pretty quickly. Hope this helps! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #4

Hey John and Debbie' The Sasks", are you sure your TV is 115v? Mine is a Venturer 22" HDTV, and it is definitely 12v. I can watch surround sound HDTV under battery power. Everything is 12v except for outlets and Air conditioner and Microwave. Randy
Old 07-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #5

Hey Gizzelle, have you checked the water in the battery? The converter charges the battery when plugged in to the truck or the house (shore) power.They are well known to boil out the water in the battery over a relatively short time, thereby rendering your battery useless. If it is low, use only distilled water, and if it is below the fins on any of the cells already, it's more than likely already fried-(mine was!)You MAY be able to complain to your dealer, and get a new battery, however. (I did!) Next time, I am changing to golf cart batteries, 2 6 volt bats in series. They will last far longer, but are a little more money. Good luck, Randy
Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
Hey John and Debbie' The Sasks", are you sure your TV is 115v? Mine is a Venturer 22" HDTV, and it is definitely 12v. I can watch surround sound HDTV under battery power. Everything is 12v except for outlets and Air conditioner and Microwave. Randy
No Randy, ours is plugged into the 115v outlet behind it. Toshiba 32" LCD.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #7

Thanks for your advice. Husband is going to check into this.

Giselle
Southern Alberta, CANADA
gizzys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood