Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #1

THERMASTAT Duro-THERM by Domestic

I have a the above mentioned thermostat in my Georgetown motor home. It apparently is malfunctioning as it does not shut the unit off when the indicated temp is reached. Can someone tell me what is the problem or explsin how to get it off the wall so I can replace it.

Lou
THELMALOUIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #2

HI we have a new Georgetown 280 our themostat shows the Themp. when it is running after shutdown no inside themp. is showing is this normal on this unit??? my prev.rv always showed inside themp running or not,any idea why it does not show temp.
Thanks for your help
George
P.S. I,M new to this Forum I,LL like it
RED Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #3

Do a search for installing a good quality thermostat. The go to WalMart and buy one of the Hunter Douglas models and install it. It is a fairly simple job, will cost you less than 30 dollars and you will thank those who figured out the wiring for you.

Go here for the information you want
http://www.rverscorner.com/articles/hunterstat.htm
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #4

My current thermostat is the older type that uses a slide to set temp. I dont see anyway to open it so I could get to the wires or remove it from the wall. Any advise?
THELMALOUIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Do a search for installing a good quality thermostat. The go to WalMart and buy one of the Hunter Douglas models and install it. It is a fairly simple job, will cost you less than 30 dollars and you will thank those who figured out the wiring for you.

Go here for the information you want
Hunter Thermostat
This will work as long as you don't have any electric heat strips currently in the AC Unit or else you will need to leave the heat strip disconnected should you decide to make the change.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #6

top cover just snaps off. that exposes the wiring and the fasteners...i replaced my duo-therm thermostat with a "ritetemp" unit from home depot.....easy replacement...