Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #1

Thermostat

2011 5th wheel unit. Dometic ac single zone digital t stat. Ac will run for 10-15 min. Then E4 error (freeze control failure) shows on t stat and ac shuts off. Fan still runs. Any ideas?
Joe William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #2

I think you mean E5. E4 is related to an outdoor temp sensor (which doesn't affect AC).

From the description of the E5 code, it sounds like a bad freeze sensor or open wiring to it. You might try calling Dometic customer service for more guidance, but it sounds like your unit will have to be serviced.

When you get a chance, please add a description of your RV Year/Model/etc. into your Profile and/Or Signature. You can find those things in the UserCP link in the green bar near the top of every screen.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #3

I have a duo therm thermostat in my camper I have to keep it on 75-80 deg. Just so my unit can turn off at 65 deg. The thing is when it goes to kick off it goes on again then off again then off again then it trips the breaker off !!
It does it every time it reaches temp.
HarrynSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #4

This is one like I have in my camper!
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #5

I found one at my local camper store last one they have and they don't make them anymore lucky me!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #6

Question Dometic thermostat duel program

I cant get heat without the fan blowing cold air and freezing us out. The furnace will run and so does the roof fan/air. We are either hot or ice cold. No adjustment at the thermostat. How do i control the thermostat??
dcal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal12 View Post
I cant get heat without the fan blowing cold air and freezing us out. The furnace will run and so does the roof fan/air. We are either hot or ice cold. No adjustment at the thermostat. How do i control the thermostat??
We had to turn our fan to Auto and it fixed our same problem.
SSharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat