Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2016, 09:36 AM   #1

Thermostat Question (Changing to Atwood from Dometic

I want to change out the stock Dometic AC in my 2015 FR3 30DS to the Atwood that is rated at 18k BTU. I hear good things about the Atwood and they pull less amps. My question is how will I control the furnace when I change out the thermostat to the new Atwood thermostat (furnace is currently controlled by the Dometic thermostat)
Jakefromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:50 AM   #2

One of the most important items to research is how many wires does the Atwood thermostat require to operate both your new A/C and your furnace. I have looked at changing out my Dometic, I'm on my third unit on an 18 month old TT, to an Advent unit. My current set up uses five (5) wires for the A/C and LP gas furnace. The Advent A/C thermostat for the new A/C and my LP furnace would require eight (8) wires. My service guy says there is no way to use the old wiring to pull the new wiring into place so we would have to find a way to feed the new wires to the furnace and A/C. I'll have to take a look at the Atwood unit IF it is rated at 18K, that would help me a lot.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:22 AM   #3

Help from anyone who has changed the Dometic AC to an Atwood

Please help if you have changed your Dometic Ducted AC to an Atwood. Was there a problem changing the thermostat out? My Dometic Thermostat controls my gas furnace as well.

Thanks,
Jake
2015 FR3 30DS
Jakefromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, thermostat