Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2019, 06:44 PM   #21
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuscg View Post
We have a combo and it works great. Can run on a delay timer to start whenever you wish. Put in dirty clothes, take out clean, dry clothes without any further handling.
What model do you have that has a timer? That's one of my biggest peeves with the Splendide (it's missing it).
Old 01-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
No odors at all. We do have to run a lint clean out periodically but that isn’t bad.

Winterization for us has been wintering in Florida! But Splendide has published instructions for a more proper winterizing.

I prefer your procedure, but for now I have to stick with the pink stuff.[emoji41]
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:17 AM   #23

Quote:
What model do you have that has a timer? That's one of my biggest peeves with the Splendide (it's missing it).

We have a Sears, which is made by, and identical to, LG. Ours is larger capacity, nearly the size of a home washer, but only one unit means less space used.
jjuscg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #24

one of the reasons we selected our gently used 5'r was the previous owner had a washer/dryer combo installed and it was still installed when we bought it. Funny thing is...we NEVER use it! Right now it is wasting space in what would otherwise be a very useful closet in the bedroom. We have lived in the 5'r 3/4 time for over 2 1/2 years now and just can't see to gain the desire to actually use it.
Make sure before you actually spend lots of money on this add on feature, that you won't be in the same predicament as us...having it, but not using it.
'69 Chevy C-10, 396BB
alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:35 AM   #25
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsdas88 View Post
one of the reasons we selected our gently used 5'r was the previous owner had a washer/dryer combo installed and it was still installed when we bought it. Funny thing is...we NEVER use it! Right now it is wasting space in what would otherwise be a very useful closet in the bedroom. We have lived in the 5'r 3/4 time for over 2 1/2 years now and just can't see to gain the desire to actually use it.
Make sure before you actually spend lots of money on this add on feature, that you won't be in the same predicament as us...having it, but not using it.
Why don't you use it?
Old 01-18-2019, 10:50 AM   #26

We don't full time and we still use our stackables every trip. It's nice to come home without having to do laundry.
koller1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #27

My DW hates using laundromats. When we were full timing, it made sense to do your laundry at "home". Now, we still wash clothes when we are gone for a week or more. Ours is in the bedroom, so noise is not a problem. To make up for the lost space, I installed 3 closet rods in the other half of the closet. One rod down low in front for short shirts, pants, etc. Another rod up high and toward the front. Then the last rod is up high and back. We are able to hang an amazing amount of clothes there. If you need more clothes than that, you don't need to be in an RV!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:07 PM   #28

X2
koller1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:15 PM   #29

We don’t use our stacked washer/dryer. I wish we still had the closest. It just makes to much noise in the kitchen/ living room
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordHaul View Post
Our combo Splendede gets used nearly every day, sometimes several times in a day. We are snowbirds for 5 months every winter and there are only 2 of us to dirty so many things.
It handles a reasonable sized load such as: 1pr jeans, 2pr jean shorts, 2pr socks; 2 pr jeans, 2 shirts, 2pr socks; 4 shirts, 4pr socks; 6 sets underwear; 2 bath towels, 2 wash cloths; 4-6 hand/kitchen dry cloths. You soon get the hang of it. It will handle 4-6 pillow cases or 1-2 sheets, but, mattress protectors, coverlet’s etc. all go to the coin laundry.
You really must SHAKE out your jeans/shirts/shorts between wash and dry cycles or you will have wrinkles that are set in stone.
I would also vote for the vented, although it gave me great pause as I was drilling that 4” hole in my sidewall for its cover. I installed the optional drain pan under the unit with a line plumbed to the exterior. Carpet removal below it is a must and I cut a piece of 3/4” plywood, screwed firmly to the floor, for it to sit on. Best wishes.
Travel safe

If you need some installation help, you can log on the Heartland Owners Forum (don't have to be a member) and go the heading for 'Tools' then go to Appliances, Splendide Combo Washer Dryer Installation Guide. I provided this guide to show how I install a combo w/d in a Big Horn 5th wheel. Hope this guide will provide you and others with a few pointers.
Super Flag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:26 AM   #31

We have a tt, use a panda apartment washing machine and hang the clothes to dry. Space is limited, would love to install a combo unit.
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #32

We have had ours going on 2 years and would not be without them. A little loss of space but well worth it.
petroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:26 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Yup. Cutting that 4 inch hole is scary. Measure 97 times and cut once! You have to stop your hole saw as soon as it cuts through. I had a 120 volt AC power line running right through there! It had enough slack that I could route it to one side. I also installed a drain pan and plumbed it through the floor right behind the hitch.

I paid Joe_GA about ten thousand bucks to cut the hole in mine. Then I paid him twenty thousand to "help" (definition: I watched a lot) put my washer dryer in.

I didn't actually, but that's how much I SHOULD owe him for what he did. Way above and beyond. I never look at that thing without thinking of ya, Joe. We miss y'all.

A) Do not get the combo unit.
B) DO get the stacked unit and stop worrying about small loads. It beats any washateria in America!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:05 PM   #34
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I paid Joe_GA about ten thousand bucks to cut the hole in mine. Then I paid him twenty thousand to "help" (definition: I watched a lot) put my washer dryer in.

I didn't actually, but that's how much I SHOULD owe him for what he did. Way above and beyond. I never look at that thing without thinking of ya, Joe. We miss y'all.
LOL, that's exactly what I thought with my last camper when my buddy did most of the install work. I "helped" but he did the majority of it!
Old 01-25-2019, 03:26 PM   #35

Quote:
LOL, that's exactly what I thought with my last camper when my buddy did most of the install work. I "helped" but he did the majority of it!
Joe is one of those that know pretty much how to do anything on trailers. I know a few of those guys. I try to hang with them when I can. Buy drinks, that sort of thing. Talk well of their wives. Tell 'em their haircut is nice.

Everyone should be so lucky as to have friends like I have. That's the truth.

Doug, me and you'd make GREAT eating champions. I just know it............

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:38 AM   #36

Quote:
Joe is one of those that know pretty much how to do anything on trailers. I know a few of those guys. I try to hang with them when I can. Buy drinks, that sort of thing. Talk well of their wives. Tell 'em their haircut is nice.

Can I be your friend too???
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:55 PM   #37

Quote:

Thanks for the kind words, Bill. I've always been a do-it-yourselfer and enjoy helping others.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:39 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbfish View Post
We just bought a Cedar Creek Silverback...haven't picked it up yet. We're tossing around the idea of getting a washer/ dryer or a combo. I'm interested in your thoughts about the pros and cons of each type. I realize that either one will only do a small load, but I'm wondering HOW small ?
Thanks!
You don't need the added weight while towing. Campgrounds have more efficient facilities. Don't bother
debbie_rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie_rose View Post
You don't need the added weight while towing. Campgrounds have more efficient facilities. Don't bother

Thanks for your input, Debbie_rose . We camp a lot at State Parks and haven't run across too many that have laundry facilities.
Bbfish is offline   Reply With Quote