Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #1

"Touch Audio" - Freedom Express

Okay. I am seeking some help, ideas, input regarding "Touch Audio".

We have a Freedom Express 292BHDS 2012 model with all the upgrades. The Touch Audio system is mounted in the cabinet between the master bedroom and living room (TV rotates to be shown in either the bedroom or living room).

I cannot get my iPod or iPhone to play through the system. The Touch Audio system seems to read the iDevice, then disconnects and so on.

I cannot get the TV to play through the units Surround Sound speakers (Main Cabin "C", Bedroom (B) and outside (A). The radio plays through the speakers just fine.

Any ideas?

Also, has anyone replaced their Touch Audio system and if so, what did you go with including brand, model and ease of installation??
burati1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #2

... oh and I forgot to add this ... I think Forest River / Coachmen should be embarrassed to have this piece of doo/doo installed on their trailers. We love our 292BHDS Freedom Express. Most everything has been a breeze and it generally seems to be well constructed, minus a couple of items that were easy fixes. This Touch Audio system is a joke.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #3

No matter who builds the trailer, the "audio/video system" will be a complete piece of crap. This is one way for them to keep the price down.

Go to a car audio shop and look for a decent in-dash DVD.
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #4

Lynkage, while I appreciate your guidance, it isnt what I was looking for. Looking for feedback on my questions and recommendations from other users that have switched out their Touch Audio. I cannot find a suitable replacement, thus my post.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #5

While I do not own one and there for I am not sure what shape it is (square, rectangle, etc) I would make a cover out of 1/2" Baltic Birch plywood (finish however you would like) to cover the hole and replace it with any car stereo unit you find that gives the features you want.

They will be cheeper/better than buying a replacement from Camping World as well.

As long as it operates with 12 volts you will be fine. You could use consumer electronics for your home but you would then require 120 volts to use it or an inverter hooked up to your battery.

These are just suggestions to replace what is normaly found in our RV's.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #6

Thank you for your input, Lynkage.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #7

A good car stereo shop with good installation services could do this for you also.

Sorry you are having trouble with it. Good luck
Old 11-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by burati1 View Post
Okay. I am seeking some help, ideas, input regarding "Touch Audio".

We have a Freedom Express 292BHDS 2012 model with all the upgrades. The Touch Audio system is mounted in the cabinet between the master bedroom and living room (TV rotates to be shown in either the bedroom or living room).

I cannot get my iPod or iPhone to play through the system. The Touch Audio system seems to read the iDevice, then disconnects and so on.

I cannot get the TV to play through the units Surround Sound speakers (Main Cabin "C", Bedroom (B) and outside (A). The radio plays through the speakers just fine.

Any ideas?

Also, has anyone replaced their Touch Audio system and if so, what did you go with including brand, model and ease of installation??
I had the same problem with the tv not working with the stereo system. I checked the cables and they were not connected correctly. You might check the owners manual to see what it says about your ipod and phone. is
Top B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
292 bhds, 292bhd, coachmen, freedom express