Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2018, 08:05 PM   #1

Touch control panel not showing all the apps.

New 2018 Forester 3011ds. Issue I'm having is there are normally 6 apps on the touch control panel (there were this morning), 4 if key is in the ignition and when i plugged in today or run off batteries only 3 show up. Called the coach-net number and they tried to tell me my wifi connection to the panels is the issue, but they dont know how to reset it.

Update: Got the wifi working on my phone and the app still only shows 3. Called lippert components, and the said follow the wires to the control modules cause they are probly just loose.

Any help would be appreciated
Jphelps3880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #2

Couple of things to try.
Reboot the system by shutting off the battery disconect for a minimum of 30 seconds. Check the touch screen after it reboots to see if that has resolved the issue.

If it has not you will need to find the location of the module(s) that are not showing up and check that power is getting to the modules, and that the CAN bus connectors are seated properly.

Report back here after rebooting with what icons are missing and we can go from there.

I do not know exactly where the modules are located in the 3011 although I belive they are in the vicinity of the refrigerator. Others will be along with that info shortly im sure.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #3

Reset did not fix the issue, i can see the myrv, generator, and monitor panel. Missing slides, lights and one other that i am blanking on right now.

Checking around the fridge but not seeing any control panels. Did find the sticker for fuses in the cabinet to the left of the microwave and fridge
Old 07-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #4

The one your blanking out on would be awning.

The slides and awning are handled on the same module, which is the 5 function multifunction receiver module. The lights are controlled by the lighting module. Most likely they are mounted near each other under a removable panel.
1st you want to verify that they are receiving 12VDC. I cant remember but one or both of the modules have red LED power indicators. Use a DVM to confirm power in. The lighting module will have 2 larger studs for power. The multifunctin will have 2 terminals at end of one of the terminal strips. They will be marked on the narrow edge of the module. Power is most likely supplied directly from the BCC (battery control center).
If power is good check the CAN bus cables. They are small diameter gray cables with a 2 pin connector. Each module will have 2 connectors as all modules are daisy chained. The 1st and last modules will have 1 cable and a terminator (will be a plug with black heatshrink on it) in the 2nd connector.

When the system boots it will scan the CAN bus for all modules present and load them. Loss of power to any module or a break in the CAN bus will cause that module to not be loaded.

When the ignition is on the slides and awning icon will be suppressed.

The generator and tank monitor functions are on 2 separate modules. Also there is a separate WIFI interface module.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
Old 07-14-2018, 10:55 PM   #5

C all, my only problem is i still cant find anything that looks like a control module. Minus the auto level control module underneath on the chasis. Ive removed everypanel with screws and still no modules to be found.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:53 AM   #6

Try here. This is from a prior post of a forum member with a 2017 3011. Apparently the modules are located in this area along with a multitude of wiring slopped in there.

“As you walk into the bedroom, hard right, start pulling out drawers beneath the wardrobe, I found mine on the left hand side floor of this enclosure. Pics to follow if I can get them to load.”

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
Old 07-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #7

Steve- you my friend are a god send. Found it and fixed.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:46 PM   #8

Fantastic!
Glad you got it resolved. What ended up being the resolution, for future reference for anyone who trips across this thread.
FYI I’m camping in a cell dead zone for the next few days.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
Old 07-15-2018, 07:44 PM   #9

All 3 apps were from one connection coming loose. Looks like it will happen again, all the modules are in there loose and flop around.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #10

I would definitely secure them any way can to keep them from self destructing.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401

Tags
show