Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2019, 09:27 AM   #21
Trailer Park Supervisor

Walholler, you are correct! Customer servicer from Airxcel, the company that makes these units said that as long as an a/c repair outfit is willing to work within the terms of their warranty, they will honor the warranty. Now I have to find somebody nearby. Didn't have much luck with their 'authorized repair' finder, nobody has returned my messages. Airxcel did agree that based on my troubleshooting, the whole unit will have to be replaced, as noted by previous posters.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #22

sure sounds like the unit has lost its charge. Warm/hot compressor and no cooling.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:08 PM   #23
Trailer Park Supervisor

Good news, I found an Airxcel authorized repair guy 22 minute drive away. Just dropped it off. They will complete the warranty worksheet they have to submit to Airxcel to authorize warranty replacement. Airxcel told me their turnaround for getting a new unit out is just a few days after they get the worksheet. Guy at Camping World told me there's no way they would have a replacement unit in 10 days (when I begin my Gettysburg trip). So glad I found this local guy, it is an automotive and trans shop, but they also work on RV's.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #24
Trailer Park Supervisor

Smile Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I got cold air!!!! New unit from airxcel arrived at the shop last week, but today was first day they had free to swap units out that weather cooperated. I helped, so it only took about an hour. It's very easy, and now I know what to do if I ever have to install a new unit myself down the road. This wraps up the only major problem I discovered during my driveway shakedown. Now the world is my oyster!
Old 05-07-2019, 06:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I got cold air!!!! New unit from airxcel arrived at the shop last week, but today was first day they had free to swap units out that weather cooperated. I helped, so it only took about an hour. It's very easy, and now I know what to do if I ever have to install a new unit myself down the road. This wraps up the only major problem I discovered during my driveway shakedown. Now the world is my oyster!
Nice . use it well . may have got it done quicker if they didn't have help an hr is a long install . just kidding
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #26
Trailer Park Supervisor

yuk yuk yuk yuk!