Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2017, 10:54 PM   #1

TT level in storage

Hi all. I am getting a travel trailer and was wondering if it was important for the trailer to be completely level when not in use. I know it is good for the refrigerator but what about when its not even plugged in? Battery will be disengaged also.
Your comments are welcome
OLDNAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:25 PM   #2

I parked on unlevel ground all winter with the front end slightly higher so the water would run off the back end and not leave black stripes all over. Never used the fridge or had it plugged in. Works fine on the first outing of the year.
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Nurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:51 PM   #3

When we park ours after a trip I just level front to back and do not worry about side to side. Only reason I level front to back is simply because it is very easy (electric jack). I will say our storage yard is very flat/level to begin with, if I were able to see it noticeably leaning to one side I would level it side to side as well but just because it would bug me. Something else I do just because is lower my stabilizers because it's quick and easy, but in my opinion not necessary.
pbrown1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #4

I store my trailer on 2-wooden boards 2X8-8' long and then it is nose high so, the water is allowed to drain and not pool on the roof. The tires are also covers and wheel chocks are used.

I have stored three 5er's this way and two pop-ups with never any problems with the appliances working when needed. Batteries are discounted when in storage and propane is shut off.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #5

As others have said, I don't worry about side-to-side level when the TT is back at home and have my front end raised a little higher to aid with water running to the rear of the camper off the roof. I also have had no trouble with my fridge when I turn it on a day or 2 before a trip. It cools and operates just fine.
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:03 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Just drive past RV dealer lots and look at the hundreds of RV's sitting there with the nose high, the rear high, not level from side to side, etc.... won't hurt a thing.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:47 PM   #7

Our trailer is on the end of the section (covered storage), with a slope to starboard. We are going to go back and level it (new camper). Can you put the slide out if not level side to side?
Max the Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max the Mini View Post
Our trailer is on the end of the section (covered storage), with a slope to starboard. We are going to go back and level it (new camper). Can you put the slide out if not level side to side?
I would not. That, imo, places severe stresses on the slide mechanism, which is designed to be operated after the trailer has been leveled. Only takes a few minutes to level the trailer.

Tags
storage