Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #1

TV antenna

Unfortunately for me I am not able to add the accessory to my bat wing antenna because I don't have enough space. Is there any other way to inprove the reception on my sensor antenna?
gserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #2

Push the black button.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #3

Replace with The Jack Antenna?

Jack® | TV For Free

State's we've RVed in
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #4

Of course I had the button on. I'll look into the jack. Thanks
gserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
I had the Jack installed last fall and don't regret it at all. If you're near a Camping World you can get it installed for a mere $39.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
I had the Jack installed last fall and don't regret it at all. If you're near a Camping World you can get it installed for a mere $39.
If you don't mind being on the roof, 1 cable F-connector and 2 pins with C-clips to R&R. You have to screw on the bracket to antenna with 4 screws/washers before you head up, too. If your RV has a few years on it, it's a good time to replace the cable from the mast base to the antenna too. UV does a number on the exposed cable. It took longer to get my ladder, round up the necessary tools and convince myself I wanted to be up there than the actually work took.

State's we've RVed in
Old 06-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #7

I successfully added the accessory to my Wineguard antenna even though technically I didn't have enough space. I just had to rotate the antenna a little past the spot is should be parked at before cranking it down. Now granted the antenna doesn't park in the little 'V' shaped bracket, but it still lays flat just rotated a little. It seems happy and secure there and fits real nice at that spot.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
1 cable F-connector and 2 pins with C-clips to R&R. You have to screw on the bracket to antenna with 4 screws/washers before you head up, too. If your RV has a few years on it, it's a good time to replace the cable from the mast base to the antenna too. UV does a number on the exposed cable.
The Jack antenna has no exposed cable so no UV concerns. You would also need a tube of self leveling Dicor which now runs about $11. If CW were close enough, I'd still opt to let them install it for $39 and if there are any unforeseen issues, let them deal with it. You just never know how an easy job can get completely fouled up.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
The Jack antenna has no exposed cable so no UV concerns. You would also need a tube of self leveling Dicor which now runs about $11. If CW were close enough, I'd still opt to let them install it for $39 and if there are any unforeseen issues, let them deal with it. You just never know how an easy job can get completely fouled up.
If you get the Jack Sensar replacement head only it does have exposed wires. It still uses the same mast as the Sensar. If you opt to get the full set up with the stubby/non crank up mast, then there us no exposed wires.

For the full set up, the $39 is worth it, for the replacement antenna head, get your but up there and do your other maintenance/check ups while you are there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	54728  

State's we've RVed in
Old 06-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
If you get the Jack Sensar replacement head only it does have exposed wires. It still uses the same mast as the Sensar. If you opt to get the full set up with the stubby/non crank up mast, then there us no exposed wires.
They say you learn something everyday and this must be mine for the day. I like the low profile of mine and not having to raise and lower it.

Tags
antenna