Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #1

TV audio / Genesis GT2.0

Dear All, we recently bought a Roo 21ss - everything is great except we don't have audio through the tv, only via the three built in speakers (a,b and c). We want tv audio so kids can watch DVDs in the bed area without everyone having to listen. Any idea how to get audio through the tv without rewiring the unit ? Thanks in advance.
Vansleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansleak View Post
Dear All, we recently bought a Roo 21ss - everything is great except we don't have audio through the tv, only via the three built in speakers (a,b and c). We want tv audio so kids can watch DVDs in the bed area without everyone having to listen. Any idea how to get audio through the tv without rewiring the unit ? Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, by rewiring the unit. Just did that this past weekend on our TT. Stock ours only had a single video cable between the Genesis and the TV.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #3

Thanks for quick reply. We also have only the one video cable to the tv. Did you have to disconnect one if the internal speakers - looks like there's only three audio out connections ? Cheers.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I actually wired mine in reverse to yours. Sending audio from TV down to the Genesis so I can get surround sound from whatever I hook up to the HDMI of the TV. But while I was back there I'm pretty sure there was an unused audio out on the Genesis. Should have the option of getting audio on RCA (left/right), optical or Coax. To run to the TV you'd probably just need the RCAs.

You might also want to pick up a new plate to replace the one where the video cable hooks up (if you have one) and replace it with one that has 3 so you can pass connect the Audio as well.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #5

Just popped the unit out - you are right - the inboard speakers don't use the the RCA jacks so should hookup should be easy. Thanks again for help.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #6

Did you check the menu on the tv to be sure the tv speakers aren't just turned off? Hard to believe they make a TV without onboard speakers.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Oh, the TV has onboard speakers. The issue is the DVD player wasn't hooked up to send the audio to the TV. Just the Video was being sent. (i.e. they only hooked up the yellow and left off the red and white)