Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #1

TV cable hook up question

On my camper i have a outside hookup for a cable connection and on the inside I have one cable connection next to the signal booster with the 12v plug. Normally i just have out side ant. and no cable. does the cable come in threw the same plug as the ant?. Because right now I cant get it to work..

Thanks for any help on this..
Old 05-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #2

Is the power center on for the antenna? If so turn it off, they do not work well together.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #3

Yes the power booster is off.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Several things need to happen in order to use cable.

1) The Amplifier Switch must be off. This switch disconnects the roof antenna and connects the cable connector on the side of the camper to your distribution network in the camper.

2) The TV has to be on "tuner" if the TV is connected to the coax connector on the wall plate or has a coax that goes into the wall.

3) You must "search" for channels using the auto search feature of the TV and MAKE SURE you do not use "AIR" - you MUST use "CABLE" when you search.

It should work now.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #5

Hey guys thanks for all of your input. I found that some how the tv will not pick up any signal threw the coax connector.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Might be time to take it off the wall. Before you do, make sure you are connecting to the correct hookup outside. In my camper, there is a SAT connection that does NOT got to the TV. You must used the one labeled CBL.

Here is the manual for the wall plate and where the coax cables are supposed to be connected on the wall plate.

The Lower one is cable and the Upper one is Satellite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CBL and SAT inputs.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	14395  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winegard Wall PLate Amp.pdf (143.1 KB, 243 views)
Old 06-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #7

Just went through my cable connections on our Rockwood, because the picture was snowie, and found three of the cable connections were coming off. Some were on the splitter and some were on the power switch, only one connector was attached correctly. I took the plastic off the connectors and pushed them to the proper location, crimped them, then cut the center wire to the proper lenght. Have a pretty good picture now, but still hae to check the connections where the TV hookups are.
bornerdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:16 AM   #8

I only have one coax hookup on the outside, at least that I have found. next to the water hookup. on the inside I have 2 coax hookups in the kitchen/ livingroom. bottom one says "Ant/Cable" with a push button next to it with a light(antennae booster) and a coax male above it with ""Sat" on it. Is this so I can have a satellite dish outside and reciever inside hooked up to the Sat hookup and the Ant Cable hooked up to the back of the satellite receiver so I can have Sat tv or OTA tv and if so what is sent to the coax hookups in front bedroom and the cargo area tv. I have a 32 in LED in the kitchen/living area and reversed the sleeping position in front bed so I could see tv, until i figure out how to mount TV in front bedroom.
1999 Yamaha Grizzly
1996 HD Dyna Wide Glide
Namchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:17 PM   #9

I am new to rv cable hookups. Do I need a cable box like I have at home or do I just connect the cable from the rv to the campground?
cspanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #10

No cable box. Just connect the cable to your unit (camper) set TV for Cable input and run channel scan. Your antenna booster must be off.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:50 PM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
No cable box. Just connect the cable to your unit (camper) set TV for Cable input and run channel scan. Your antenna booster must be off.
Exactly.

However, I did stay at a campground (I forget where it was - one of our trips out west somewhere) that required us to rent a cable box from the office to get cable. There were no over the air stations available, so it was pure money for the campground. We just stayed the night and declined the upcharge.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:19 AM   #12

Just got a new 2018 Rockwood 1905 Mini Lite. Sorry if this is obvious to ya'll, but it isn't to me.

We have an "entertainment center" with a 24" Furrion TV. There is a pink/purple cable wire running to the TV cable input, coming from the wall. On the wall behind the TV is an outlet plate with Antenna / Cable and the power switch for the antenna booster. There is nothing plugged into that. Where does that pink cable come from, the antenna? We couldn't get cable to work until we plugged a separate wire into the cable plate, turned off the booster, removed the pink wire and replaced it with the new cable wire running to the plate (if this is all clear). What's the deal with the mystery pink wire?

Also, we have an outdoor speaker. Doesn't seem to work. Tried zone 1 and zone 2..
dltrost01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad