Old 04-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
Tv cabnet mount

I have a Forest river 24' ultralite and I would like to mount a 22" flatscreen tv off the side of the cabnet that is above the table.I did a search on the forum and it seems some people put backing inside the cabnet. I was going to use 1.5" flat washers as most of the tv's only weight 8-10 lb's and my mount is also light.I 'm new to this so do you think road travel will work on the flatwashers and the particle board cabnet end.Its hard enought to drill 2 holes in my new trailer let alone find my tv on the floor with two big ragged particle board holes. I hope the cabnet it self is strong enought to carry the tv. Seems like they told me 35lb max on the tv weight.I would think a cabnet would have some strenght to it.I hope some one has some experiance with this. Thank You Mike

moondog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
Hi Moondog2000,

We just picked up our new trailer three weeks ago, I've been scoping out this forum and trying to learn as much as I can out about specific things and retrofitting peoples ideas to what we have done.
One thing that my dealer told me, do not hesitate to call and ask them as they are the ones who sell, service and fix anything that we break , they'll know best...

Turtle people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
moondog, Forest River has about a hundred different brands of trailers.
if you posted the brand and model of your trailer, maybe an owner of the same model could be of better help or have already done such a mod.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #4
I'm sorry,I was not thinking. 2013 forest river x-lite T221RBXl 24' . After reading some posts I checked the thickness of the cabnet end and its 1/2 particle board so I went with 3/4 plywood backing. This is the end of the cabnet over the table that faces the bed. I opened the cabnet door and put some weight on it and it seemed solid. I know nothing of trailer construction so I'm hoping the weight of the tv does not damage it. I think I will keep the tv in close to it while I travel so It does not act like a lever.If I'm missing something here please let me know. Thank You ,Mike
moondog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote