Old 02-27-2013, 12:52 AM   #11

The Tv worked at the dealers in oregon. Drove home 300 miles, set up the new SV 235 and did not get any signal for Tv. Checked all connections at wall and removed antenna checked found loose coxa going up into antenna dome,loose coaxl pulled out of screwed connector at intenna. replaced same , reinstalled up into antenna and did scan still no signal. we normally get channel 12, 6, 8. here using small rabbit ears antenna.m so tv should receive digital signals. amp light comes on when button pushed. tv was installed at factory, trailer 2012

Old 02-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedanddonna View Post
Again, I am doubting my intelligence. This has been happening alot since we bought our new RV last month[first timers]. Trying to get 32" Jensen TV to work using antenna. Turned on boost, set to air, scan for channels, scans and says RF 69, Found 0. Then screen goes back to 'please run auto scan'. Checked all cables, took TV into house and hooked up and received channels ok. Cd pleayersworksgood and could get a movie to play on tv....but no tv. Whats up and where do i go from here?
Thanks, and we really appreciate you seasoned Rv'rs taking thetime to help us out. Want to make a maiden trip to washington coast in three weeks. uh, yes we will still go if TV is not working.
Ted and Donna
When you turned your boost switch on did the light come on? Also are you sure that you are plugged into the correct thing some campers have separate connection for cable/ satellite/ HDTV

Old 02-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #13

Just a shot in the dark and this is what I found...Every time you move your camper to a new location you have to go into the tv's program and re-scan for channels before the tv will work with the antenna.....
Old 02-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #14
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leecountry View Post
When you turned your boost switch on did the light come on? Also are you sure that you are plugged into the correct thing some campers have separate connection for cable/ satellite/ HDTV
Just curious if your SV235 trailer model came with a sound system between the television and the antenna. From your brief description, it sounds like it does not, and your antenna coax is plugged directly into the television from the Winegard wallplate.

If there is a sound system, the members may take you through different troubleshooting.

You are asked about the light on the boost panel because some think they are turning their (boost) antenna connection part on to enable air signals, when they are really turning it off to enable the cable feed connection, which in your case would have no signals.

The little green light also reveals that there is 12v reaching your Winegard wallplate.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #15

x2 on the re scan of the channels. Also make sure the tv is set to air, not cable.
vp22er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #16

The antenna they are putting on these new trailers are terrible. They are a fixed position "Jack" type antenna. You would be better off with a coat hanger! Can't tell you how many places we've been and had no reception while people with "bat wing" type antennas did.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #17

I have the new type of digital and we were under nothing but Georgia pines in the middle of the campground and we scan and received 16 channels so it worked well the first time we used it.....
Old 03-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #18

I tested the wall amp and I do have 12 volts there. I removed the wall unit and did not see any damage to the electronic either. I then removed the ant took same apart and looked inside the antennae did not see any damage to electronics or loose wires inside ant. put antenna back together and installed on trailer. also noticed a red LED shinning out of bottom of antennae when amp switch was turned on . stick a small mirror under antennae and turn on amp inside and it lights up. set all setting and ran 3 new scans still no signal . moved rv and tried same still no signal. local dealer will not work on trailer because I did not purchase it from them,Did not buy from them because they did not have the model we wanted, and could not get one.
Any other ideas. Ted
Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #19
Denver, CO

I just installed my Jack antenna head and tried it out on the bedroom TV (the main TV is hard to use with the slide out in) only to discover that the antenna is not working on that TV. Go figure.

So check it on the main TV I got like 40 VERY clear channels where there were only a few fuzzy one with the Windguard OEM one.

Now to troubleshoot the bedroom TV cable. I'm betting that it ain't connected to nuting..
Old 03-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
Denver, CO

Check the continuity on the cable runs to see if one of the lines is severed, but if the light on the antenna has power, It's can't be that, really.

No sure what else to do, maybe remove the tv and take it home and check it there to see if the tuner is bad?