Old 06-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doering View Post
I hook the JACK to my spare 12V battery in the truck bed.
OK, then try this:

Use the "IN" Marked "SAT" and connect your TV to the SAT/AUX marked wall plate connection.

You "might" be able to use the one marked CABLE, by turning off the wall plate (no light on) and then you can use the distribution network off of the TV/TV2 output of the wall plate.

Remember you will still need to scan for TV channels every time you re-orient the Jack antenna.
Attached Images

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
OK, then try this:

Use the "IN" Marked "SAT" and connect your TV to the SAT/AUX marked wall plate connection.

You "might" be able to use the one marked CABLE, by turning off the wall plate (no light on) and then you can use the distribution network off of the TV/TV2 output of the wall plate.

Remember you will still need to scan for TV channels every time you re-orient the Jack antenna.
Ok, that makes sense. We won't be out with the trailer till the beginning of August. I'll give all these suggestions a try. THX!

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Still confused about the "Jack" using the satellite/cable connection on the outside. There is no way to get power to the Jack to even work...
I was thinking about that also but when he said he hooked the Jack directly to the TV and got all those channels I figured he had a power injector inline already.
I still think replacing the old antenna on the roof with the Jack and be done with it is the way to go.

But after reading his last post I think there is a much bigger problem. Having to wait all the way until the first of August to go out in the camper is a crime!
Old 06-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
But after reading his last post I think there is a much bigger problem. Having to wait all the way until the first of August to go out in the camper is a crime!
Good one! Not retired yet. We do get between 4-5 weeks of trailer time each year. We have about 2 weeks left this year.

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #15

Well that's plenty of time. We are not retired yet either but take every other weekend off, sometimes 3 day weekends, and find something within a few hours drive time. We are blessed with a lot of options where we live in North Carolina.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #16

Make sure all the connectons going into the wall jacks are good. Have a 2014 Rockwood 2104S and all the connections in the wall jacks had come loose. I couldn't get but three channels, and after checking the connections behind the panels I was getting 30. Same thing happend to my power button for my awning, the wire came loose from the spade.

Tags
antenna, reception, tv reception