Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2017, 09:19 PM   #1

TV through surround sound

Hi,
I just took delivery today on a new Forester, 30 ' class c, 2016. I came from an RPod! I am trying to get the front large tv to play through the surround sound. Please don't tell me I have to run a pin plug, ear phone cable from the tv to the surround sound panel. That is all the way across the front cap and what I i on the Rpod. Is it a setting or what does the hdmi do below the Audio panel?

Many thanks.

Billy
wbmasche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #2

Since you didn't state which audio system is installed I can only tell you how mine works. I have the IRV system in my 2016 Wildcat Maxx. To play my TV thru the IRV system, I scroll through the "MODE" settings until I read "RV AUDIO" on the units blue screen. I now have TV audio thru my overhead speakers and control the volume with my TV or IRV control unit. I turn off the #3 speakers while watching TV as they are the outside speakers.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #3

Tv sound to speakers

Hi,
Sorry I should have included that.

The TV is Jensen JE321LED
The entertainment center/radio is Jensen JWM6a

One more question, do you think there is anyway to get the Sirius XM signal from the radio to the coach speakers? The radio is Jensen VX7020A.

Thanks so much for the help.
wbmasche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmasche View Post
Hi,

I just took delivery today on a new Forester, 30 ' class c, 2016. I came from an RPod! I am trying to get the front large tv to play through the surround sound. Please don't tell me I have to run a pin plug, ear phone cable from the tv to the surround sound panel. That is all the way across the front cap and what I i on the Rpod. Is it a setting or what does the hdmi do below the Audio panel?

Many thanks.

Billy

Guess to answer your 1st question, a yellow video RCA cord is led from a out port from the TV to an input of the surround system. Two RCA red white cables also attach for sound pickup. Some TV's have ports for this, some don't. Check your TV for necessary inputs and outputs. May be different cable types then RCA. In my Georgetown the TV was modified by FR to create the necessary audio source.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmasche View Post
Hi,
Sorry I should have included that.

The TV is Jensen JE321LED
The entertainment center/radio is Jensen JWM6a

One more question, do you think there is anyway to get the Sirius XM signal from the radio to the coach speakers? The radio is Jensen VX7020A.

Thanks so much for the help.
have the same unit as yours earlier comments on setting to AV will allow u to play thru surrond sound
Only way to use XM radio is to buy another scrip / We have XM on front unit but unless u buy or hook up patch cord
Good luck
stervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:21 PM   #6

As noted above, scroll through the modes and select "TV Audio". Also, this is obvious, but make sure the speakers are in the "ON" position. For the XM, I ran an audio cable out of the XM dock and into the "AUDIO" jack in front of the entertainment system. Hope this helps.
tjmezzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:46 AM   #7
MCTroy

For sirus xm radio, add the app on your smart phone then play it via the blue tooth on your audio system. No smart phone, use Sirus internet radio on a Bluetooth enabled laptop. I added both to our subscriptions free by just asking.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #8

On your radio the mode is HDMI ARC. When in this mode your TV will play through the coach speakers. As for the satellite radio that's more chalenging. Your most effective solution is to get a satellite radio that goes into a docking station. I have a docking station on the rig radio and the coach radio. This lets me move the satellite radio where I want it with only one subscription.

2016 Forester GTS 2801 QSF
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
For sirus xm radio, add the app on your smart phone then play it via the blue tooth on your audio system. No smart phone, use Sirus internet radio on a Bluetooth enabled laptop. I added both to our subscriptions free by just asking.
Great answer. I didn't know XM had an app! Best solution so far! Too bad I didn't know sooner. I wouldn't have bought the extra dock station!
tjmezzan is offline   Reply With Quote