Old 08-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #1

Cool Tv to DVD Hookup Question!

Hello! I just purchased a 2011 Surveyor...and so far, we LOVE it! I've done years in a tent and considered getting a pop up but decided jsut to take the plunge into a real camper! The camper came with the standard DVD/Radio entertainment system and has connections on the area by the dinette for hookup of the TV. It did not come with any manuals and I am not stupid when it comes to hooking up electronics. What type of cord do I need to get in order to get the movies to play through the tv? And I assume it would then go into the "out to TV" connection? It doesnt seem that with all of the standard cords I have, they do not fit into the outlet properly! Help is appreciated!

Old 08-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Tracey!
I usually stay away from technical questions (for good reason) but wanted to welcome you to the FR forum family. Don't worry, there are lots of members here that will be able to answer your question.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey View Post
Hello! I just purchased a 2011 Surveyor...and so far, we LOVE it! I've done years in a tent and considered getting a pop up but decided jsut to take the plunge into a real camper! The camper came with the standard DVD/Radio entertainment system and has connections on the area by the dinette for hookup of the TV. It did not come with any manuals and I am not stupid when it comes to hooking up electronics. What type of cord do I need to get in order to get the movies to play through the tv? And I assume it would then go into the "out to TV" connection? It doesnt seem that with all of the standard cords I have, they do not fit into the outlet properly! Help is appreciated!
Tracy, what is the model of your TV and radio unit.
We might be able to help you out.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #4

The Tv is new (2012) and the radio/DVD unit came with the 2011 camper...THANKS!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
CampingQueen

Can you post pics of the DVD/Radio? That may help...
Old 08-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #6

Tracey, I am needing the same answer as you. What I have found out so far is that we have a RF connection. What I hoping to find is a cord with an RF connection on one end and either A HDMI or other connection for my TV. So far no luck. I will Post something if I find out.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #7

I have a vizio t.v. I hook my satellite with an HDMI cord, my antena with a standard coaxial, my DVD player with a RCA cord. When I want to watch Satellite, I choose HDMI from the remote, when I want to watch DVD I choose AV (RCA). I choose t.v for antena. Modern t.v.s have many choices, the older ones do not. Just remember you must select the cord you want to use from the remote that came with the t.v.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #8

RF to HDMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaboy View Post
Tracey, I am needing the same answer as you. What I have found out so far is that we have a RF connection. What I hoping to find is a cord with an RF connection on one end and either A HDMI or other connection for my TV. So far no luck. I will Post something if I find out.
If you feel it necessary to have different connections, Radio Shack and others have converters.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #9
Site Team - Lou

I use an HDMI switch. They are CHEAP and fully automatic switching to whatever HDMI cord is providing signal (or use the included remote or the manual switch on the box).

Amazon.com: Ultra High Performance HDMI Switcher, 3to1 Switch: Electronics

CHEAP HDMI cables are fine.

I will get a photo today.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #10

Thank you all very much for the information. I am going to try it again today...and if I cant get 'er to work, I'm Taking pictures! Since my TV has the capability for a multi line input (green, blue, red, yellow white, black) I was not sure what type of wire to use to connect the DVD player. I have a simple RCA cord and I am going to try that into the auxillary connection on the tv.