Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2016, 04:02 PM   #21
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Why bother with the FR supplied TV units. I replaced both that came in my TT with Samsung and Vizeo "smart" TVs. They're cheap and work great. It's not worth the time required to deal with FR or a dealer trying to get the junk they supply to work right.
x2.
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Correct. A very small point, but on some units that little light is red.

Mine's blue, but it's a toggle switch.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:28 PM   #23

TV wont pick up cable

Bad or broken coax
Bad booster
Booster turned on
Cable provider not providing cable service
Television bad/broken or not setup correctly

Not too many places to look...
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #24
I Break Everything

Glad I read this post. We've had our Georgetown a little over a year. The Furrion in the living room is the worst with cable. We've had travel trailers and two fifth wheels before this. It has 5 TVs in it, all others work fine. Getting a smart TV anyway.

mk

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:00 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We have 5 as well and I have satellite hooked up through the the coax. Sometimes the picture is fine other times it's fuzzy. I know I have a loose connection somewhere, but it could also be the switch box. I haven't really investigated the issue, as I'm not a big TV watcher, but I do like my movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:25 PM   #26

Smile cable not working

We have a 2017 Rockwell by Forest River and had the same problem, dealer spent 2 hours testing and found the cable ends had not been crimp so the main TV would not hold the channels when scanned in. We could not receive any signal from antenna or cable in the bedroom or on the outside TV mount. Technician found a defective splitter in the wall behind the TV antenna booster box. Both TV's now work when on cable or antenna. Before I left the shop, had all TV's working on both cable and antenna. The technician was stumped for awhile as this was a combination problem as it just wasn't the splitter but some of the cable ends going to the other TV connections were poorly done at the factory.
ronandhelen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:39 PM   #27

We have had issues with Seiki televisions in our 2017 Mirada, Coachmen acted like they have never heard of any problems, we called Seiki and they told us the models we had did not have a QAM tuner and they would not work with out getting a cable box from the cable company. We have found that we receive cable at a few parks that have satellite or digital cable.
jbeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:09 AM   #28

FR was going to replace the tv in the main cabin of my 2011 Georgetown 327DS this Summer but we ran into two problems.
1. The original tv can't be removed!
2. The replacement tv can't be mounted on the wall because there's no way to get any of the wires connected to it.

It appears that the tv was mounted to a large plywood board then the board was mounted to the wall and trim was applied around it to hide the seam. A small hole was cut in the wall behind one corner of the tv where all of the connections are located. This hole is accessible through a very narrow (about 6" wide) closet in the bathroom. New televisions usually have all of the connections arranged in a vertical strip somewhere closer to the center of the tv. In my rv, this would be behind the shower and is not accessible from the other side of the wall.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:18 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Give me a little credit,I'm smart enough to know that.It just plain dont work.
Right after we bought our first trailer we were on our third trip and we were never able to get the cable to work. I mentioned it to a neighbor at the RV Park we were in and he mention the booster (wasn't covered in PDI) I had no idea what it was. I went in and found it and all the sudden the cable worked.

We were in Wyoming and a friend we were with also mentioned no cable I explained the booster that he also had never heard of even though he had his trailer a couple of years.

A lot of times it isn't covered in delivery so a lot of people don't know about it.

So give us some credit for trying to help a guy out.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #30
Land of the Midnightsun

We have furrion tv. Put it on channel 3 or 4. Like old days
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable