Old 03-21-2015, 12:22 AM   #1
Viking 17FQ Antenna not working

I just brought home a 2016 Viking 17FQ, I hooked up my television but am receiving a "no signal" message. I turned on the boost and the red light comes on but.....nothing! I am hoping that maybe I am missing something or doing something wrong. Can someone offer up a solution before I have to go and get the dealership involved? I would appreciate it very much.

akraut4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:33 AM   #2
After you turn the booster on, you need to run a channel scan on the TV You have to do this every time you change locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

GJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
Yes, I did that, trying both the antenna option and the cable option to no avail.
akraut4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #4
This is a brand new unit take it to the dealer and have them fix or explain it . If your not willing to do that There is a long list of possibilities. Check all connections you might have to take the amplifier switch panel off and ck the connections on the back of it . If all those are good check on the roof the connections. if they all look good take the cable off the back of the tv and hook an ohm meter up to it and ck the continuity of the cable it should register 1 ohm I believe after that if it doesn't register your going to have to ck each piece of cable with the ohm meter you will have to make the center piece of the cable touch the outside of the cable connector. again you should get 1 ohm. Also try taking the tv inside and hooking it to the cable making sure it works. Last two things are the antenna and amplifier and those in your case I would take to dealer.
Think about things before you do them make life easier not harder.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote