Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2019, 11:09 AM   #1

VM9726BTC Navigation Issues

I've spent some time searching and can't find an answer to this. We have a 2016 Sunseeker with VM9726BTC radio. The GPS works fine for short trips, but crashes when calculating route for longer trips. I've downloaded the Naviextras tool kit, backed up the sdcard, restored it to a new 32GB card to no avail. Occasionally it displays a memory error, but usually it just restarts the whole system. The unit is not in DEMO mode. Resetting using the button by the volume knob dosen't help. Really want the in dash unit to work. Currently using the WAZE app on my iphone. I'd gladly spend the money to upgrade the maps, if someone could tell me if it would fix the problem.
Attached Files
This video is currently processing...
aldermanjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:38 AM   #2
Chief tinkerer

jb, we have the same unit. We had crashing problems right off the lot with ours. We could not set a destination longer than 300 miles without a crash. First trip Georgia to Texas, as we crossed over the border on I20, there was nothing on the map but us on a grey background. No roads! I guessed our map database was from 1844, before Texas joined the US!
Widespread problem. MH still under warranty so back to the dealer after that trip. The work order said that they replaced the memory card and reloaded the software. That fixed it. We used it successfully for a year, about 10k miles. We now use Google maps on an Android phone. I doesn’t have the selection of vehicles (truck, bus) like the Jensen does, but the advantages outweigh disadvantages. Google Maps; We get traffic warnings and ReRoutes when there are accidents or road work that causes slowdowns. Maps and POIs stay current with no fee. We can share our location with friends and family so they know where we are. Voice navigation search through Google Assistant.
Biggest downside is the small screen. Our Toad has Android Auto on the dash unit which gives access to Google maps and all these features on it’s big screen. Our plans are to eventually replace the head unit on the SunSeeker with one that has it.
In the end, it is still sad that the Jensen that comes from the factory isn’t checked and corrected by Forest River. You should be able to turn the key and enjoy the trip.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #3

Thanks for the detailed response. You answered all my questions. I’ll have to decide between a new head unit and paying for a map upgrade. By the way we really like the “WAZE” app. It has steered us around some traffic jams. It’s like a social gps
aldermanjb is offline   Reply With Quote