Old 03-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #1

volume control

Hi All-I have a new, to me, 2013 Grey Wolf with a Touch Audio system. My problem is the digital volume control. For background music, the lowest setting is too high. I need something between zero and one. Is there some sort of a rheostat I can put in to give infinite volume control? Also, this thing has 3 speaker sets--would I have to install a control for each system? Thanks.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:29 AM   #2
RV

I have an 06 TH with the Concertone. I have the same problem. Inside volume on 1 is way too loud but outside speakers are fine.I have a good friend that owns a high end car audio shop and he told me he could install some sort of volume knob, if I remember correctly. I'm in no hurry and since his shop is downtown, getting my 38' rig to his shop is not an option for me. It's going to be a house call in my case. I'd suggest calling around to some reputable car audio shops and talk to the installers. I'm pretty sure they could do the same or similar. Sounded like a small aftermarket 'knob' installed by the stereo head unit. Would beat the cost of a new unit. Good luck, hope that helps

06' Sierra Sport F37SP
12' Chevy 4X4 LB CC 1T Dually
B&W Companion 20K
thrilskr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #3

I had thought of a stereo shop as a last resort. It would be much easier if I could do it myself, but I'm not having much luck. I'll let you know if I find out anything.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
Site Team

On most stereos each individual speaker is driven out of the head unit, so if you're going with a basic rheostat you'd have to install it on each speaker.

One option I've done is only turn on b and c. That way the volume inside is coming from the bedroom and is somewhat muted.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #5
RV

Found this on radioshacks website. What do you think. Could probably find something cheaper and try it. Looks like you could just go thru this for interior speakers. Don't know how many speakers are in your coach.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2102606

06' Sierra Sport F37SP
B&W Companion 20K
Old 04-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #6

Your idea got me to looking on the internet and I found a dual control [both right and left speakers] on Amazon. And, I would only have to install it on one set and turn off the other two--thanks Kaadk. I can set it where I want, and stash it out of sight because I will rarely want to change it. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
RV

volume control

06' Sierra Sport F37SP
B&W Companion 20K
Old 04-28-2014, 05:41 PM   #8

@thrilskr

I solved the volume control problem! Radio Shack has a "mini volume control", part #271-0215 for about $3. You have to have one for each speaker. I soldered into the positive line and set the minimum volume to about half what it was. Works great.

BTW, I just saw your comment about cheap beer---I couldn't agree more.