Old 10-10-2015, 04:39 PM   #1

Volume from tv only?

I have a Jensen all in one DVD,radio player in my 2015 avenger. When I play the radio, the sound comes from the ceiling speakers like it's supposed to. When I play a dvd the sounds comes from the ceiling as well. How can I get the sound from only the tv to work with a dvd? I can turn off the ceiling speakers but the tv is still mute. The rca plugs are plugged into the speaker but no sound. If I play just the antenna the sound comes from the tv fine. What am I missing?? The job of the red and white rca plug from the dvd to the speaker is to carry the sound. ???

Old 10-10-2015, 04:57 PM   #2

Disregard... After further reading I found that the AWM-965 series doesn't have analog output in the rca plugs, only inputs... Geez... Not a great idea but oh well

Old 10-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_160 View Post
Disregard... After further reading I found that the AWM-965 series doesn't have analog output in the rca plugs, only inputs... Geez... Not a great idea but oh well
Does the Jensen have a headphone jack on the front panel? You could plug that into the TV.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #4

Yeah. But I am anti-wires showing. I just wired an external speaker into the speaker "B" port and ran a speaker into the master bedroom where the new tv is. That way I can have sound in the bedroom and turn off the sound in the living room