Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2016, 06:44 PM   #1

VX7020 issues

My new Sunseeker has the VX7020 audio / nav unit. Im hoping someone can help with error messages I'm getting when trying to use the Nav. I can post pics of these messages if necessary. Basically though whenever I tap the touchscreen button to go to a destination the unit freezes and I get various messages re I/O, memory or cache.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #2

Don't know about the error messages but try removing the nav sd card while the unit is off, then power up with the card removed, then power down the unit, then reinsert the sd card and power back up the unit and see if that will reset the unit. Sort of like rebooting a computer.
chideock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chideock View Post
Don't know about the error messages but try removing the nav sd card while the unit is off, then power up with the card removed, then power down the unit, then reinsert the sd card and power back up the unit and see if that will reset the unit. Sort of like rebooting a computer.
I will try this later today and let you know. Thanks for the help!

Old 07-03-2016, 02:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Tried that but it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:11 PM   #5

The other suggestion to try I have seen on forums is to take the sd card and download from internet an update to the sd card then try the new update.
chideock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #6

try a hard reset . will need to remove all power to unit and then start up again .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
try a hard reset . will need to remove all power to unit and then start up again .
Thanks, I disconnected the chassis battery and restarted. Still getting the error messages.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #8

Quote:
The other suggestion to try I have seen on forums is to take the sd card and download from internet an update to the sd card then try the new update.
I downloaded the software which is used to update the maps but I'll need to get a microSD card reader tomorrow. Then I'll see if the software can tell me anything. Before I spend $60 for a map update however I'll contact Jensen, naviextras.com and my RV dealer about this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
I downloaded the software which is used to update the maps but I'll need to get a microSD card reader tomorrow. Then I'll see if the software can tell me anything. Before I spend $60 for a map update however I'll contact Jensen, naviextras.com and my RV dealer about this. Thanks for the suggestion.
Hate to say this but it won't be the first Jensen to bite the dust . jensen is not exactly top of the line
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
Rather than update since it costs can you download and and reinstall on the sd card the version you have now?

Talk to Jenson first, wise choice.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Hate to say this but it won't be the first Jensen to bite the dust . jensen is not exactly top of the line
No problem, I knew that it was cheaper-Chinese when I was purchasing the motorhome.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Rather than update since it costs can you download and and reinstall on the sd card the version you have now?

Talk to Jenson first, wise choice.
Thanks and yes hopefully I can do that first

Old 07-04-2016, 01:03 PM   #13

I've submitted a support ticket to Naviextras.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:49 AM   #14

Still waiting....

In the meantime, I see from the Naviextras software that I can install free updates to all my maps and clean up my SD card a bit to give it more free space. That may be all I need to do (hopefully), however I'll wait until I hear back from Naviextras before doing anything further.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #15

Naviextras has responded to my support request and has asked for some pics of the error messages. I sent them those. Waiting on a response.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:01 PM   #16

After error checking the SD, installing the Naviextras software and installing all the updates it appears that everything is working fine now. Even got updated maps that are current.

Thanks everyone for your help!