Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #1

Question Washer / dryer combo

I am having trouble getting the settings right when doing laundry.

I do not over load, only do light weight clothes. I use 1 TBS. of liquid detergent (Woolite) and 2 TBS fabric softener (Downey)

I select #9 Express...and dry for 90 minutes. If I can, I select an extra rinse with low spin.

My problem...clothes are wrinkled! Tshirts, and synthetic fabrics.
I take sheets, towels and jeans home...

Please send me your suggestions...thanks!
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #2

Is this the all-in-one unit? Assuming it's externally vented and not the ventless. You can't dry all the way in these things without severe wrinkling. Take out a bit damp and hang 'em up.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher
Is this the all-in-one unit? Assuming it's externally vented and not the ventless. You can't dry all the way in these things without severe wrinkling. Take out a bit damp and hang 'em up.
Yes is all in one... I suppose ventless ( husband isn't here to tell me). But I will try you suggestion
But clothes have felt damp when I take out...

Beautiful weather for rving. Enjoy
2017 SUNSEEKER MBS 2400W
2013 HONDA FIT SPORT
Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgrandpa1 View Post
I am having trouble getting the settings right when doing laundry.

I do not over load, only do light weight clothes. I use 1 TBS. of liquid detergent (Woolite) and 2 TBS fabric softener (Downey)

I select #9 Express...and dry for 90 minutes. If I can, I select an extra rinse with low spin.

My problem...clothes are wrinkled! Tshirts, and synthetic fabrics.
I take sheets, towels and jeans home...

Please send me your suggestions...thanks!
I have the 7100 ventless. I did not want ugly plastic vent doors on the beautiful finish. Anyway suspect you are over drying whichever machine you have. Soap and soft look correct. No plus a little, thats plenty of each. I use #4 cotton express into a 20 minute dry cycle. Open dryer at completion, check for "close" to dry and pull out. Then proceed with 20 more minutes, just change to 5 in lieu of 4. If some were close stop and 1/2 way mark and remove dry stuff. Restart to complete. This totals 40 minutes to complete dry. At 90 minutes looks like found in pyramids! I do everything in that little machine, I hate carrying anywhere. Every machine is different, at even 30 minutes some stuff wrinkles, can't help it.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #5

Laundry

Thanks. Will give this a try
Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #6

The ventless is just impossible. I had one years ago and thru it out and got the vented one.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher
The ventless is just impossible. I had one years ago and thru it out and got the vented one.
Did a bit of research on this subject and found the following: Splendide is mfg in Italy for the city home and dorm manrket. In older buildings venting is impossible. This machine was totally redesigned and mfg. In 2010-2011. On a bet I bought mine in 2012. It works, I won, no hole or cheap plastic vent to leak. I've used it for over 40 loads now.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #8

I also have the 7100 ventless! Most of the loads I do on cycle 9 and dry time of 45 minutes.
I like to remove them slightly damp and hang them up on the old wooden rack outside. It takes a short time and no wrinkles.
My Question is?
Have you guy's winterized? And did you run antifreeze through your washing machine?
I could not find anything in the manual about it and don't want to take a chance!
We are in SD and expecting cold temps this coming weekend! Ughhhh I am not ready for that!
Any replies greatly appreciated!
Jeanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanny
I also have the 7100 ventless! Most of the loads I do on cycle 9 and dry time of 45 minutes.
I like to remove them slightly damp and hang them up on the old wooden rack outside. It takes a short time and no wrinkles.
My Question is?
Have you guy's winterized? And did you run antifreeze through your washing machine?
I could not find anything in the manual about it and don't want to take a chance!
We are in SD and expecting cold temps this coming weekend! Ughhhh I am not ready for that!
Any replies greatly appreciated!
Found in book or online comments- run last load with heat and softener. Remove pump stainer whil still warm, drum cooling water wii drain Remove and drain supply hoses. Drain fixed supply piping with RV systems. Antifreeze drain and trap 1 1/2" piping.
With all disconnected and drained put machine on warm wash cycle just long enough to cause water inlet valves to open to drain.
Lastly check your book case I missed something!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Found in book or online comments- run last load with heat and softener. Remove pump stainer whil still warm, drum cooling water wii drain Remove and drain supply hoses. Drain fixed supply piping with RV systems. Antifreeze drain and trap 1 1/2" piping.
With all disconnected and drained put machine on warm wash cycle just long enough to cause water inlet valves to open to drain.
Lastly check your book case I missed something!
Add to that, if you want to AF look on line (Yahoo) Spendide winterize. Very detail instruction.