Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #1

Washer / Dryer combo help

We have the Splendide washer dryer combo unit in our 5th wheel. It is the vented model.

I have sent an email to splendide asking for help, but was wondering if anyone here has had the same problem..?

It washes just fine and rinses, when it enters the drying stage it runs for about 20 minutes then stops. It some times sounds like a pump is running to drain the excess water. Lights flash and the machine stops running.

Now the best part, if I do a load in the morning it will complete a full cycle but if I try to do 2 back to back it fails. To me it sounds like a heating or over heating issue. We have run it for the last 7 months with no issues on all cycles now this....?

Help..?

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #2

So I emailed Splendide who replied very fast. Gave me a few tips one of which was to check the dryer vent for blockage. Below I will do my best to lay out the steps to re/re your combo washer/dryer. I uploaded pictures, maybe someone could put in the right order..? I don't have that skill.

1. Remove the clip on the backside of the sliding door. It acts as a stop and latch. This will allow the door to be moved to the far left opening the whole doorway.

2. Remove the 4 screws on the bracket in the floor, 2 on each side. Also at this time unplug the unit from the wall power. Also turn the water valves off.

3. The unit can now be pulled forward and up and over the trim on the floor. It is a tight fit so be careful, I used a can about the height of the machine to balance it on when pulled forward. There is enough slack in the lines to pull it right out.

4. The shelf above if you have one can be removed either before or after the unit is out of the way. The top piece lays (snuggly) on top of the main shelf (2 pieces ). The main shelf is screwed in the side and the back of the opening.

5. I bought a dryer vent cleaning kit from my local hardware store ( 20.00 ), it comes with about a 10ft flexible line and a brush to snake down the dryer vent hose. I removed the cover on the outside of the 5th wheel and pushed the lint backwards to the machine. The played catcher on the inside. You would not believe the lint that came out. I had enough to fill an ice cream bucket. We use our machine every day and have been full timers for 7 months. You do the math. This combo washer/dryer does not have a lint trap...

6. To install just reverse the procedure. The most difficult part is hooking up the vent hose to the back of the machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dryer1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	35495   Click image for larger version

Name:	dryer3.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	35497   Click image for larger version

Name:	dryer2.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	35498   Click image for larger version

Name:	dryer.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	35499  

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #3

Sorry pictures are not wrapped with text. If some mod wants to fix it please do so...or if the post needs to be moved..?!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
Sorry pictures are not wrapped with text. If some mod wants to fix it please do so...or if the post needs to be moved..?!
Glad I didn't respond last week when you first posted. Wouldn't have thought of that fix. Mine is vent less, don't get dry lint like that, every do have to clean the pump "strainer" once in awhile. Good report none the less.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote