Old 05-23-2016, 05:35 AM   #11
World Wide Wanderer
Originally Posted by tomrob1161 View Post
You should fill your fresh water system, hot & cold water lines, including your hot water tank. Turn off the city water, release the water pressure, then open the Pressure Relief valve. when water stops draining out, let snap shut. This will create the water pocket in the top of the tank which allows for the expansion when hot.

Good luck

This is probably one of the easiest "fixes" you can do. It cures many supposed water heater issues; noises and dribbles.

Aaron & Rhonda
wahoonc & Airangel60

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #12
Mine just started doing the same thing on our second camping. I can't see where having (or not) an air pocket would make a difference. Mine is the Suburban horizontal model.

TT- 2016 Grey Wolf 21RB
TV- 2004 GMC3500 4x

Nights camped 2016- 14
Days at dealer 2016- 34
firsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:33 PM   #13
Adding the water hammer has really helped. It's possibly going to work in real world use. For now I've only tested here at home. But it's not dripping.... A possible upgrade I may choose to do would be this blue expansion tank I found on Amazon it's larger capacity would certainly do it since the water hammer has been successful so far. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464035233.225998.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	108746
I'm just desiring a way around this issue. If there is one. I mean I don't mind doing the procedures to create an air pocket. But they were limited success.
Also I spoke to suburban this morning. They told me a cup of water per cycle is acceptable. That's 8 oz. REALLY. seams silly to me. Ps. My prior tt never dropped a bit. That's why initially I thought I had a bad relief valve. Only this week after researching have I become aware that this is extremely prevalent for many. And possibly others aren't even aware of the water that is accumulated in the water eater during use. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464035586.979317.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	108747

john5646 is offline   Reply With Quote

heater, water, water heater