Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
Travelin Man

water tank gauge not working anymore

Our reading for just our water level in the fresh water tank no longer works.
I looked at the wiring behind the panel and everything looks normal. the only other place to look is in the underbelly by the tank and I havent dropped it yet to see what it might be down there. We have a 2012 Wildcat Sterling 5th wheel, rear living room with the tank clear in the back of the rig.
has anyone had this issue and what did they find caused it. the indicator just shows that the tank is always empty, it does show the one light only.
Douglasdh62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I sounds like you may have a loose/broken connection on the tank end. I'd recommend that you call Wildcat at their number listed in the brochure and ask about the location of the fresh water tank so hopefully, you'll only have to remove one panel to find it. They usually locate it close to or over the axles, but not always.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #3

Like the OP said F/W tank in the Very REAR just like our unit. Drop cover from rear and check wires. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #4

Like youroo mentioned, sounds like there is no or very little power to the wiring or there is a wire loose. A ground loose would not have any light so it must be where ever the wire connection is to those little nubs sticking into the tank so water would make the circuit is the problem. The empty light works so at least you know there is some of the circuit working.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #5
Travelin Man

I figured it would be at the hardest place to get too because I am sure that Murphy's law would have something to do with it!! LOL We will be on the desert at Quartzsite starting tomorrow so I am going to crawl under there and check things out on the tank. Too bad they dont make a wireless remote tank level gauge, those would be real helpful!
Douglasdh62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank